Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How will you use your Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family currently has a Leaf and Mazda 5. I recently transitioned back to working from home, so the Leaf gets about 95% of our driving action. The Model3 will replace the Leaf so both my wife and I will be using it for all our daily needs. We take the kids to school, run errands, shopping etc. Right now we use the Mazda for longer trips (like driving to Disney which is just slightly too far for the Leaf), but the Model3 will probably take over those duties as well. I am greatly looking forward to adding a Tesla to the family and reducing my need for gas stations to almost nill!

Reactions: Red Sage
Daily diver. About 100-200 km round trip on windy narrow back roads (with 50-80km/t speed limit) 3 days/week, and a few shorter errand and from time to time a longer road trip. Keeping my fossil cabriolet to use on the few good summer days we get here - as I do not expect TM3 to be released with an convertible option for a while :/

Want to get the AWD option for the winters (along with studded winter tires of course), but have to see the price of this option if I can make it.

Primary 60 miles/day (30 each way) commute. But live in a supercharger desert, so closest SC's are close to 200 miles from here making OTR trips problematic until Tesla fixes the I-44 corridor hole. They are working on it.

It will be 90 percent work commute car for me of 60 miles round trip. I may let my wife drive it to work with 100 miles round trip when I work from home.

Hopefully by that time we will have a baby so it will have a baby sit and occasionally will take the baby in the model 3. Hopefully it will have good access put it taking out baby from the car. I'm hoping for easy to clean interior as babies make mess. Any thoughts from folks on how baby friendliness the 3 will be?

We will also take it to explore the country using superchargers, maybe even camp in it like bjorn style if the 3 is big enough.

I don't currently own a car and living in London, I don't really need one. But I'm putting a deposit down on a Model 3 because I'd love to own a Tesla and I can't justify an S. I'll use it mainly at weekends and for trips. During the week maybe I can rent it out so it pays for itself! :D

Mostly commuting my 10 mile each way and also dropping my kids off at school. I would love to when I am older try a cross country trip in it but right now we travel with 3 kids so we use our Odyssey.

And maybe your occasional trip to Home Depot...
lumber.jpg

My daily commute is actually only 5km to the train station but i may start driving all the way to work once in a while if i enjoy the ride downtown. Definitely will use for weekend driving and shuttling my friends around who will be wanting a ride i'm sure. LOL

It will replace my wife's commuter and be used for trips around town. The actual distances are unknown, as she will have her CPA by then and will probably be working somewhere other than her current job. We have agreed that we will move for the right job, so I doubt her commute will be more than 15 miles each way. That works out to weekly charging, at worse. PGE has time-of-day rates, which aren't worth doing at this time, but might be once we have the Model 3 to top off. I hope the chargers can be set to run at specific times of the day.

130 mile round trip daily commute - using AP most of the way. Even compared to my Prius I'll be saving over $100 per month in fuel costs. It's going to be a long wait until 2018....

Similar situation here replacing 2012 Prius-C

Commute 92 mile round trip 4 days per week, 80 miles on congested four lane highways. Definitely in for AP.

Also more frequent trips (1400 miles round trip) to visit 80+ mom from southeast PA to northeast IN. Hopefully SC built out on I80 in PA by then, though I76 to I80 already works. Definitely in for SC.

Also planning for some epic road trips to see more of the USA. Destination chargers are a good thing too.

Waiting too long already... ;-)

Reactions: Red Sage
I don't currently have a killer commute. The worst one was 35 miles one way... I do not expect to do that ever again.

But without doubt, I will be hitting the road every Friday night. Just pick a direction, and GO! I fully expect to take multiple road trips that will rack up no less than 50,000 miles per year.

It'll be my daily driver - replacement for my 2002 Camry. I have a 60-mile round trip commute 4 days a week (teleworking one). I'm sure my wife will want to steal the car when she teaches her evening dance classes.