Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV battery change in 7 hours!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the dreaded range reduced battery issue code and scheduled a service visit. On arrival they handed me a loaner and said it would need a battery replacement. Estimate was 2 weeks. Notified at 5:45 pm battery change complete and car ready for pickup! Is this some kind of record or the norm for a battery swap?

Reactions: pipestem
I got the dreaded range reduced battery issue code and scheduled a service visit. On arrival they handed me a loaner and said it would need a battery replacement. Estimate was 2 weeks. Notified at 5:45 pm battery change complete and car ready for pickup! Is this some kind of record or the norm for a battery swap?
Most likely they didn't change the battery and resolved the issue some other ways

They changed the battery. He said they had the proper configuration in stock and the swap takes 5 to 6 hours. There are so many battery configurations tgat he said tgey tell everyone two weeks in case they have to order.
The service manual says 4.5 hours to do a HV battery swap so that sounds about right. Pretty good turnaround for you on that. Maybe some SCs are getting really good at doing these swaps. 😳

Reactions: Pianewman
Reworked battery seems to have added a bit of range. Now showing 284 at 100%. Old battery was about 265. Happy overall. Just did a 210 mile round trip to the mountains. Started with 84% and ended with 9%. 4000 foot elevation gain going up and sat overnight in 30 degree temps. Mostly driving with speed control set at 70.

Reactions: Mike_TV
How many miles/what year?