Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2 Failed Updates and Driver Assistance Features Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S with Hardware 2 has consistently failed with Tesla OTA updates. Each time this happens I also get a Driver Assistance Features Unavailable. If issue persists contact Tesla Service error message that persists on the instrument panel.

A couple of times, the attempted update actually killed my GPS in such a way that the car never moves away from where it was parked on the navigation when it failed.

I've taken it in multiple times, and each time Tesla Service reacts as if this is the first time they've encountered such an issue. They say they fixed it, and then it happens again.

I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has had this issue. My car is parked with excellent Wi-Fi reception, so it's not that.

IMG_20170206_150043.jpg IMG_20170206_150059.jpg

I've been getting "Driver assistance unavailable" since one day after updating to 17.5.28. I've done four 3-minutes "power off" of car hoping it would reset. Nope. Called tesla service three days ago, they took my information and said would download logs and call me back. crickets.

I think lack of Tesla QA may have created a huge fleet problem thru some aspect of the recent updates......

Have the same problem in the UK, also waiting for SC to get back to me. Sometimes clears with a power cycle, sometimes not.

I share the concern that given the hardware was launched without a fully finished software stack, there could be some significant QA challenges ahead.

I just got the same message and after reporting to Tesla by email got an email back from them asking me if any camera was dirty. The car is very clean including all cameras but I suspect the software update a couple days ago wasn't.