Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Not in SR+ Built 5/24/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Customer support informed me that my new SR+ (built 5/24/19) is equipped with HW2.5 rather than HW3. The agent apologized saying that this was "abnormal," but that I would need to get the free upgrade from a service center in the future. I ordered FSD with my vehicle.

Has anybody experienced this issue with M3s manufactured in May 2019?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Customer support informed me that my new SR+ (built 5/24/19) is equipped with HW2.5 rather than HW3. The agent apologized saying that this was "abnormal," but that I would need to get the free upgrade from a service center in the future. I ordered FSD with my vehicle.

Has anybody experienced this issue with M3s manufactured in May 2019?
Who cares? You will get the free upgrade when you need it. Not likely for 6 months though.

I’d be willing to bet that the customer service people are wrong. They stopped installing V2.5 on 4/11/19. So a car is on the assembly line being built on 5/24 and they just accidentally put a V2.5 board in? I doubt it. 90% of the stuff Tesla supports tells me turns out to be wrong.

Yep, and we know that the API in the Model 3 falsely reports HW2.5 for HW3 cars. So if they agent is using the results from the API they are just reading that bad information to you.

Who cares? Probably a lot of people on this forum. It's interesting to know they haven't stopped putting 2.5 in cars, likely to get rid of them...but you'd think that a person with FSD ordered would have gotten a 3.0 system.
Not sure how long you have been following Tesla, but my statement was probably word for word what would have come out of Elon's mouth.
Tesla is ALWAYS strapped and on the edge pushing to expand everything they do.
They very well could have started putting 3.0 in cars and then ran into supply chain issues. At they point they make a decision to add 2.5 to "some" cars and 3.0 to the rest. In that case 2.5 would go into lower margin cars such as SR and SR+.
This is the way they have done business for the past 10 years. Is this ideal? No. But this is reality. When the OP needs 3.0 he will get it. Until then it does not matter.

When the OP needs 3.0 he will get it.
Ooooo, so close. I was vigorously nodding along with your post until this 2nd last sentence. This is at odds with the rest of your post. He might get it somewhere in the vicinity of when the software shows up. But he'll also have to show up for a minimum 40 minute SC/Ranger appointment, and be somewhere in a roughly 100,000 vehicle queue for the part for the appointment.

The factors you correctly point out could very easily play out poorly for him here.