Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade lost game progress and profiles?!

Should Tesla do more to warn customers about the data loss of upgrading, or allow us to transfer it?

• Yes

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked my car up from HW3 upgrade 2 days ago. They did warn me there may be a possibility of settings not being kept. It didn't bother me, however after it was finished all my games and settings were still there. I am a big gamer. The car is just used to pass time while waiting on stuff. At any time something could break and have to be swapped out, you could be in an accident and it can all be wiped.

It would be cool if there was a way to save/backup settings to the usb or cloud but I'm definitely not going to be upset about it, what other car ever has stardew valley in it?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Wait so is this issue fixed such that “all” the cars settings/data are transferred?

I would expect Tesla to offer a better experience than HW3 upgrade being like getting a new car. And they certainly should warn people that this will be happen.

I play the “farm game” with my daughter whenever we are waiting in the car and she would be pretty upset if we had to start over.

I found this thread because I was googling to see if anyone was talking about how to backup your game to restore on a different platform as she wants to play it now when we aren’t in the car and thinking about how inefficient running the model 3 in the garage as a game console is funny.

I'm glad they seem to have fixed the losing of game progress, not sure if other settings are transferred though. At this point I've far surpassed my initial progress in Stardew Valley, but still haven't replayed cuphead or beach buggy racing.

I found this thread because I was googling to see if anyone was talking about how to backup your game to restore on a different platform as she wants to play it now when we aren’t in the car and thinking about how inefficient running the model 3 in the garage as a game console is funny.
You could look at it the other way, that if you manage to convince your whole family to hang out in the car, you could turn off the air conditioning (and/or heating) for your house and save quite a bit of energy that way :p.

Regardless, I definitely agree that it'd be nice to have a way to sync game progress between the Tesla and other devices, but it'd need cooperation with the game companies themselves (as far as I know, you can't even transfer progress between the computer and phone versions of Stardew Valley). At the same time, I suspect that if you could, I'd have played it until I was bored, but as it is it's still a nice treat when waiting in the car. :)

When I got my HW3 upgrade, I lost everything. By everything, I mean everything. The car displayed the VIN as #### and I had no slacker access. My trip odo was zeroed, all game progress lost. Phone keys and even my card keys were wiped. It was factory new. Luckily a simple reboot fixed the VIN not showing up and the slacker access but everything else had to be setup like I got the car from factory.

I really hope they update the games to be able to sync saves elsewhere in the case of data loss. Would also be great if allowing saves to sync would let us continue playing games like Fallout Shelter and Stardew Valley on other devices with the same save. That would be awesome. I know I'd be bummed if I lost all my progress and had to start over. I'd probably stop playing the games in the car at that point.

Idk why the hate but I think there should be a warning as well or method to take saved files into a USB or put into a Tesla Cloud. Just spent 2 hours playing Cat Quest after just trying out the holiday update and it is addicting. Love the game. In Steam it has 10/10 rating. Then I thought wait what if I upgrade to another Tesla, does game data transfer? My guess is no, for now.

car settings, driver profiles - good to maintain
basically all its lost is game scores, don't really care
I'd rather have HW3
sounds like you'd prefer your game scores over the HW3 computer - each to his own I guess

its not just the game score, SKyforce, at high level, is a totally different game then starting level 1.

it happen to me, this is so lame, im not starting all over again ,**** that..
some bullshit.