Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

I just got an FSD offer… :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After almost a year of wishing I could try FSD, and then recently giving up on that, today as I was heading home from work I got a popup that said essentially, “Hey, wanna try FSD?” lol!

How could I say no? Punched in home on the Nav, aimed it at the lot exit and let it go.

6 miles later, about 10 minutes of freeway, another 10 of suburban streets with a mix of larger intersections, busier thoroughfares lots of stop signs and traffic lights and Voila! Home safe and sound lol!

A little jerky at times, but no mistakes :)

Is this offer widespread right now? Or did I win the FSD lottery? lol!

I’m actually in the middle of an FSD subscription month right now (went to LA and got it for a month for freeways, parking, lane change etc), but never had navigate on city streets till the offer.

I really like the FSD view onscreen even when not using FSD. It’s zoomed out much more and you see a more complete area surrounding the car with greater detail👍🏼

I’m actually in the middle of an FSD subscription month right now (went to LA and got it for a month for freeways, parking, lane change etc), but never had navigate on city streets till the offer.
Are you saying you never bothered trying "navigate on city streets" until the "offer" appeared? Because if you have the FSD subscription, you have had the ability to "navigate on city streets" all along. The car was probably puzzled as to why you had not bothered to use it!

Are you saying you never bothered trying "navigate on city streets" until the "offer" appeared? Because if you have the FSD subscription, you have had the ability to "navigate on city streets" all along. The car was probably puzzled as to why you had not bothered to use it!
Color me absolutely clueless! This is only the second time I have done the subscription to FSD. The first time I did it a month after getting the car and the option for Navigating on City Streets was greyed out and said "coming soon" and I had all the other "stuff" like summon, lane change, autopark etc. At that point I thought that would be the same this second time I've done the subscription and didn't even look! :( I guess it's changed since the beginning of last year at least in my particular area.

You're probably right though, the car was probably wondering why I never turned it on even halfway through the subscription! I guess it sensing that and giving me a heads up is a positive thing about the software :) It could have just let that go and I would have gone all the way through the month being none the wiser that I had the option!

At any rate. Having fun playing with it currently :) I did another drive home from work and again, it worked perfectly, better than it did yesterday for some reason (It was a bit more assertive around traffic making it more "human-like" without begin scary or jerky...

I like it so far!

as I always suspected, there are tesla owners out there who have FSD and never knew about FSDb, safety score qualifications, etc.
It gets worse. I know a guy who stood in line to put his deposit down back when the M3 was announced, got his M3 in early 2018... a few months ago, I was like why don't you use the phone as a key... he said, "The phone as a what now?"

This goes double for auto park, sentry mode, summon, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: nvx1977
ITT:
OP posts about getting an offer to "try out FSD"
Later states they have an active FSD subscription;
Everyone was trolled

What software version are you running? Sounds like you have FSD beta software and just dont have the navigate on city streets beta enabled in settings.

OP posts about getting an offer to "try out FSD"
In case you didn't know, a change from after FSD Beta 10.69.25, wide release 10.69.25.1 introduced an in-vehicle tip to turn on FSD Beta:
try-fsd-beta-jpg.891339

Reactions: dho112