Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AND you can see how your charging is going WHILE watching Netflix on the main screen! Would be cool if the display changed to a charging mode and gave more details about that, but I want more info on that mini-screen so bad I can taste it.

That's kind of cool. I fear that the randomly-capitalized "P" in "mP/h" would make me crazy, though. "mph", yes. "m/h", unusual but accurate, and probably should be "mi/h" if you're going to go that way to avoid the collision with meters. "mp/h", no but it's not the worst. "mP/h", whaaaat? Is that sArCaSm CaSe I see?

Edited to add: Hmm, it looks like the 5.16" version uses "MPH" which is a lot less painful. :)

I've always love the small footprint and simplicity of the 4" version but just wished it had a better display interface that the larger screen have. I think the 5" version addresses that to look more gauge cluster-ish. I hope this screen hits alieexpress soon in the $150-175 price range.

Reactions: israndy
I've always love the small footprint and simplicity of the 4" version but just wished it had a better display interface that the larger screen have. I think the 5" version addresses that to look more gauge cluster-ish. I hope this screen hits alieexpress soon in the $150-175 price range.
Looks like it's $130 on Alibaba for that link above but not sure what shipping charges are.

I like that the 5.16 inch screen has the autopilot indicator, although I wonder whether it has the function to show when autopilot is available to be activated?

It’s a shame that none of the screens seem to have the TACC set speed, I use TACC all the time so it would be annoying to have to keep looking over at the main screen for that.

I like all these things but I wish they were tied into the car more. If it works more like the S/X screen I would be all over it.

In their current form most of these just mirror what's on the main screen, or stuff that's a tab away.

The CarPlay units add some nice added function; provided someone is looking for that.

I’m new, so I’m sorry if someone already asked, I’m just leaning how to use the message board.

Is it possible to disable the boot animation? I like this little screen and I’ve seen a few pictures and videos of it, but I don’t like the little car animation that I’ve seen come on every time the screen powers up.

I placed the following paragraph in a the Y interface section on Friday. I thought with the activity of the Ultra Mini Display in this thread I would repost.

All,
Had the above display installed in 21 MY a week ago. This unit has the plaid animation when you start from a stop. Today the animation quit and the screen's back ground would go black and the speed would be in white. All of the other data such as tire pressure, time, gear, and temperature would disappear. This situation would occur from several seconds to several minutes. This happen primarily as the Y was moving. When the Y came to a stop the screen would go back to its normal appearance.
Anybody have experience with this behavior. Thank in advance for any and all recommendations.

Contacted Hansshow through WhatsApp and provided them the above information. They responded by stating that an engineer would contact me.

As a follow up I drove the Y this morning and the Mini worked well. Maybe the Mini had a bad day on Friday. It was preparing for the weekend.

I received this message from the seller, not sure if they are further updates, or just the changes to the UIs that we already know about:

“Hello, in order to have a better human-computer interaction experience between the driver and the product, we have upgraded the system. At present, all the products issued have been upgraded, with a new UI interface and system style”