Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you do not mind, Please post your trade in offer from Tesla so we can compare note

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll get some high resolution shots and get a page on my site set up. The link from the dealer where I bought it is now down (of course as they sold it).

It will likely go when the PD comes in. There is $7500 in state sales tax credit to be had so the car can go for wholesale and I will be in my expected $1/mile range. If someone wants a nice unmolested MP4-12C in a few months for a few thousand over wholesale by all means come drive it. It would be nice to know where the car is going long before I trade it in.

Now for the hard part, having a conversation with Tesla about trading a car in and wanting to bring my buyer to the party...... Hopefully they will be more cooperative given it is an ICE.

I'll get some high resolution shots and get a page on my site set up. The link from the dealer where I bought it is now down (of course as they sold it).

It will likely go when the PD comes in. There is $7500 in state sales tax credit to be had so the car can go for wholesale and I will be in my expected $1/mile range. If someone wants a nice unmolested MP4-12C in a few months for a few thousand over wholesale by all means come drive it. It would be nice to know where the car is going long before I trade it in.

Now for the hard part, having a conversation with Tesla about trading a car in and wanting to bring my buyer to the party...... Hopefully they will be more cooperative given it is an ICE.

That's one sick car :).

I think it is the nicest piston engine street car I have ever had. They are just right in so many ways.

Before I decided that my midlife crisis/reward car would be a Tesla Model S, this was one of my choices. Obviously a much bigger financial commitment but I eventually discovered that (although I'm not remotely green) the idea of having a performance car that was also green really appealed to me. The more I looked into Tesla the more interested I became until eventually it bordered on addiction :) The only flaw in my perfect car was that it didn't have AWD. Looking forward to rectifying that soon.

I'm having to buy gas at a gas station. It was shift change at McDonalds in that I needed retraining on the whole pump/credit car thing.

The 12C is very nice. The jury is still out as to if it will go when the PD comes in (now scheduled for late January... Yipee, a 2015 ViN).

I just read that Tesla is offloading their inventory of older demo cars (without the sensors etc.) with double the age discounts. Previously it was 1%/month, now it is 2%/month. I am wondering if this is going to place downward pressure on trade-in values. Has anyone got a valuation recently?

I had my car valued a few weeks ago, before ordering my P85D. I have a Pearl White P85, 19in wheels, 16mos old, loaded, with 13,500 miles, for $74k. I have not traded it in yet, because I wanted to drive the car until my new one comes in. Now I am panicking that my car just lost a ton of value. Thoughts?

I would SamT, but to break even I would need $80k for it, because I would not get the tax break if I sold it privately. Are you still interested?

Please don't trade you p85 in, sell it to me, I'll pay you $74k + 1k and you get to keep the car until the delivery of you P85D.

- - - Updated - - -

I would SamT, but to break even I would need $80k for it, because I would not get the tax break if I sold it privately. Are you still interested?

Please don't trade you p85 in, sell it to me, I'll pay you $74k + 1k and you get to keep the car until the delivery of you P85D.

I just read that Tesla is offloading their inventory of older demo cars (without the sensors etc.) with double the age discounts. Previously it was 1%/month, now it is 2%/month. I am wondering if this is going to place downward pressure on trade-in values. Has anyone got a valuation recently?

I had my car valued a few weeks ago, before ordering my P85D. I have a Pearl White P85, 19in wheels, 16mos old, loaded, with 13,500 miles, for $74k. I have not traded it in yet, because I wanted to drive the car until my new one comes in. Now I am panicking that my car just lost a ton of value. Thoughts?

I saw available '13 P85s, and was in communication with a few sellers, right before September ended. I don't think the clearing price has fallen by much more than the 5k-10k the announcement seemed to have caused. A fat, ripe P85 market could quickly change that. The upped discount, less so, as they are offering an extra ~4% on cars that I don't believe are more than 2-4 months old. Most I've seen, or heard of, have been no older than ~45XXX VINs.

Got to love this quote from Elon's latest blog post.

"At Tesla, we believe in doing deals where both parties benefit, and, when there is an asymmetry or underperformance on our part, interpreting that in the other party’s favor. This is true for big deals like the Gigafactory and for everyday transactions. [...]Our goal in doing so is to build long-term trust. If people know that we will not take advantage of them and aspire to fairness, even at our own expense, then they are much more likely to want to work with us in the future."

Got to love this quote from Elon's latest blog post.

"At Tesla, we believe in doing deals where both parties benefit, and, when there is an asymmetry or underperformance on our part, interpreting that in the other party’s favor. This is true for big deals like the Gigafactory and for everyday transactions. [...]Our goal in doing so is to build long-term trust. If people know that we will not take advantage of them and aspire to fairness, even at our own expense, then they are much more likely to want to work with us in the future."

Hopefully he will start walking that talk.

Link please?

Tesla stood by Elon's words when I traded my car into them last week.

Also learned that the reason why some of the buy back offers have been so low is because the cars are going to sit for many months until the CPO program starts mid next year so they are deducting the value that the car will have next year not when you trade it in.