Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Independent Roadster Service & Repair Shops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you even make a service request with Tesla? The app doesn't support Roadsters and you can't make appointments by phone anymore.
Basically what you have to do is call the service center directly and then choose the options that relate to speaking with them about a car that is currently in for service. It is a pain, but that is what I have done. There used to be a "chat" option on the support page at Tesla.com that isn't there any more, so fibbing that the car is already there is about the only way I know of unless you can email someone at the SC. The last time I tried that, it turned out that the woman who had been there for years no longer worked there, and it took a few days for me to give up waiting on a reply and calling...

Basically what you have to do is call the service center directly and then choose the options that relate to speaking with them about a car that is currently in for service. It is a pain, but that is what I have done. There used to be a "chat" option on the support page at Tesla.com that isn't there any more, so fibbing that the car is already there is about the only way I know of unless you can email someone at the SC. The last time I tried that, it turned out that the woman who had been there for years no longer worked there, and it took a few days for me to give up waiting on a reply and calling...
Or if your SC never answers their phone, and claims not to have access to the voice mailbox, you drive over and make it in person.

On the positive front, it appears that the service front-office folks (the ones who get you checked in and such) are starting to be reachable by SMS text message. I guess talking to someone on the phone is finally dead. I have not tried scheduling a new service appt that way, but it may become an option. There is apparently one "phone number" for the entire staff at the SC, as I've dealt with two different people, and both threads came in on the same number. That number was different than their phone number. I also got an automated appointment reminder via SMS, and a new one - ""Vehicle in shop" - shortly after they took the car around back. So I'm guessing that this will be Tesla Service's (next) approach to customer communications. As long as they don't "integrate" it with the Tesla App, we should be ok.

Walnut/Pomona service center in Southern California is where they do Roadsters...

I stopped by the Pomona service center in August 2019 with my Model 3 and was told that Roadster service is moving back to Torrance. Also, I was told that the Pomona service center will be closing and they will be opening new service centers in Covina and Rancho Cucamonga.

On the positive front, it appears that the service front-office folks (the ones who get you checked in and such) are starting to be reachable by SMS text message. I guess talking to someone on the phone is finally dead. I have not tried scheduling a new service appt that way, but it may become an option.
I talked to the service rep (is that their title?) today, and he confirmed that if you have had one of these text messages from them, replying to it will get back to that same person (whoever you dealt with last). He said that requesting a service appointment through them should work, at least until they change things again.

• Helpful
Reactions: Roadster
WHen I first bought the car I (naively) thought I should take it in to be "Checked out" by Tesla and firmware updated etc. ONly managed to get someone live by calling in on SALES LINE then someone answered. Long story short and why its not my first choice to go back to the service center in North Cal that I went to here in Bay area was even though I paid for the once over they in the end didn't update firmware,and when I got my car back the roof was so dirty it looked like it had be dragged along the shop floor. Won't bother to complain how long they kept car (everyone can guess).
Anyhow there are supposedly 2 other service areas here in Bay area, first one I happen to be near I guess I will drive by and see what the options are for future service.

Of course, if your car is dead in the parking garage at work and the nearest SC is over 3 hours a way, driving there is not a great option! ;)
... among so many other scenarios. I'm hopeful that SMS will be a reliable way to reach the service folks in the future, but in my book there is no substitute for real human-to-human communication.

Right now it’s generated from a central location. Don’t know where the code is but it’s not local.

D443E94A-77EB-44D6-94B7-A6F9E7030640.jpeg

I should of replied but so far my SC pick up straight away.

I Think I have read something about a Company called "GS Technology" i Switzerland or something like that. Anyone elese know?

There are also some that say that "Autoskadestuen" in Denmark does some repairs on Roadster. Got a post on Facebokk from someone working there saying that they work on Roadsters. Anyone kelse know?

Autoskadestuen in Denmark Is a Tesla approved Body shop and do Roadsters as well.

I have a small shop in Denmark as well and help roadsters come back to live as well (www.elbil-doktoren.dk) there you will see some of the things I have made until now :) more photos will come online later Kind regards Michael

I talked to the service rep (is that their title?) today, and he confirmed that if you have had one of these text messages from them, replying to it will get back to that same person (whoever you dealt with last). He said that requesting a service appointment through them should work, at least until they change things again.
{Sigh}

Doesn't work. I tried contacting them via SMS, and I get a reply back saying that the "Service visit has been closed" and that I should go to tesla.com/support, which of course, does not help.

On a positive note, calling the local SC this time, they actually answered the phone! First time in about a year...

Last edited:
Nice to here there are people working on Roadsters close to Sweden! No problem going there if I need some help, since I have a trailer for it

Autoskadestuen in Denmark Is a Tesla approved Body shop and do Roadsters as well.

I have a small shop in Denmark as well and help roadsters come back to live as well (www.elbil-doktoren.dk) there you will see some of the things I have made until now :) more photos will come online later Kind regards Michael

Attachments

• E9F65D7A-5288-47AD-92C8-38EB43CD43A2.jpeg
    E9F65D7A-5288-47AD-92C8-38EB43CD43A2.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 53
How do you even make a service request with Tesla? The app doesn't support Roadsters and you can't make appointments by phone anymore.

I make them with Houston North SC via email and by phone without any issues. See what your SC email is and try that way... Should be listed on the tesla service site

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United States

Mine here is Houston North also has a direct service number listed instead of the 877 corporate one some have

if you click on the service center like I did for Houston North one I will bring up the local SC email as shown below

upload_2019-9-17_9-25-28.png

Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:
At the Drive Electric event last Saturday, I was talking to someone about the Roadster and the situation with service. They said that one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet for Roadsters was reported to be in Ohio somewhere. I didn't get the idea that they knew the person or their name, so didn't pursue it, but did relate our discussion here about the shops in Washington and Southern California.

Just tossing that out there, in case said Ohio person wants to put his/her hand up and be recognized.