Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dragy belongs to this guy. I think I made a good choice in sticking with Tesla Boost. Could care less about a door opening for you. Also you have to go to a website to change your car settings. It’s not an app or on the fly and the module communicates with the site.

8A7BB357-8842-46EB-859B-1BE2978C246A.png

In my opinion, tesla wont even know if someone installs the stage 1. Its not like the car is set up to snitch on you if you go faster than whats advertised. Even if it was,whats not to say the car was at the top of hill and the owner floored it down a steep hill. What about the people who have stripped the car to make it lighter and go faster. What about the people who have put gas thrusts...... oh wait.

Reactions: omkar
In my opinion, tesla wont even know if someone installs the stage 1. Its not like the car is set up to snitch on you if you go faster than whats advertised.

Yeah I mean it's not like the car has sensors to calculate acceleration or anything....oh, wait...

Even if it was,whats not to say the car was at the top of hill and the owner floored it down a steep hill

That's not going to make the car half a second quicker 0-60. Or anything close to that much of a difference.

. What about the people who have stripped the car to make it lighter and go faster.

They too aren't picking up a full half second (and anyone stripping the car enough to do so, if that's even physically possible, is likely starting with a P anyway so they wouldn't care).

There's no question at all tesla could 'tell' if you 3rd party boost the vehicle.

The questions outstanding are:

How much they will care.
How much, if anything, they will do about it.

Nice! Let us know!

I returned my Tesla Boost a few months ago. Tried it out but it’s not for me. Car is quick already, but unless I’m getting Performance acceleration, I realized I just wasn’t going to be happy dropping $2k.

I’ll look at a trade-in and use the $2k for that if the opportunity comes around, for now I’m happy with what I got!

Reactions: omkar
Install time took about 30 min only because you have to be a contortionist to get at the darn plug.
Removing the old one was super easy but getting new on in is a pain. The wires on the new one are much thicker so harder to bend the wires and put in place. After installed while you are in the car you search for the ingenext wifi signal. Pair your phone to it.
I ran into some issues with it because after that it would do nothing. Turns out if you have an iphone you have to click cancel then continue to use with no internet service. (this is not in the instructions). Then you just change your wifi password and go to the menu.
Its all toggles and you just turn on or off 1. battery pre heat 2. track mode 3. door auto open (range is also adjustable)
If you want to change any thing you just repeat the pairing process and pulls you right to the menu.
The dongle has its own wifi signal.

And thats it.

It pulls hard. I pulled a 3.8 (0-60 in the rain on wet roads and 50% soc)
Gonna charge up and test it again tomorrow.

Well worth the money.