Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1A10EA80-B9F6-4931-BC4C-658F8BF67670.jpeg

Version 2.2.3.601
Thanks for checking. Put a request into Ingenext requesting when they might be providing firmware update to other Bonus Module users like myself. Also need to confirm that refreshed 2021 Model SR+ still have three wires in harness to Fog Light assemblies otherwise I am sure update will not work for me. I am sure that Bonus module is just turning on power to second line on harness to fog light assemblies (line 1 is DRL, line 2 is Fog and line 3 is ground/return). I like the ability to control fog lights turning on/off from Bonus module interface instead of just having on all the time (if wired to DRL) or with full headlights (wired from headlights).

Reactions: SteelClouds
Right now I have a question to them about the ambient lighting being on all the time even with the car in motion. Not what I expected. The foglight work slick.. I even get the icon on the screen that they are on right below the headlight icon.

Right now I have a question to them about the ambient lighting being on all the time even with the car in motion. Not what I expected. The foglight work slick.. I even get the icon on the screen that they are on right below the headlight icon.
Oh that isn’t what I expected with the ambient lighting either, I thought it would mimic the dome lighting to a degree…

just to clarify, there isn't anything for the M3P or MYP, this is only for the LR versions?

In performance terms the only thing they can do is lie to the car about which pre-existing model it is.

So if you have an LR AWD with the P motor (as they all were in 2018 and part of 2019) their mod can tell it it's a P. Or the other mod can tell it the owner bought acceleration boost. Or the third one can tell an SR RWD car it's really an LR RWD.

If you already have a P there's nothing faster to tell the car it is.

So ambient lights work.. kinda of.. I mean they light up :). But they do not dim when the car is placed in drive as they are supposed to. I've been exchanging emails with the vendor but it's literally one response a day. I may try calling them a day or two.

just to clarify, there isn't anything for the M3P or MYP, this is only for the LR versions?

I reached out to them as they've claimed to be working on a "Stage 3" for the M3P for quite some time. They replied with:

Ingenext said:
We are working on something :)

We know that the MYP makes a healthy ~20-30 HP/LB-FT more than the M3P at higher speeds based on the power output and 3rd party dyno comparisons (with the same DU & battery). Maybe Ingenext is trying to spoof the signals to somehow make the M3P think it's a MYP to gain the additional power (if that's even possible).

Manhart Performance has claimed that their MHTronik Powerbox for the Tesla M3P can boost power by ~30-40 HP & LB-FT on their "TM3 720".

MANHART Performance said:
The MANHART TM3 720's MHTronik Powerbox extracts more power from the already quite powerful Tesla Model 3 Performance. As a result, the electric powertrain produces a combined 542 hp (404 kW) and 531 lb-ft (720 Nm) of torque transmitted to all four wheels. This is a healthy boost over the stock output of 513 hp (382 kW) and 487 lb-ft (660 Nm).

I reached out to them to check if they're willing to sell the MHTronik Powerbox separately and they never responded to my inquiry..

It's possible that Manhart is either trying to do what I mentioned above in regards to the MYP spoof or is rather using a "piggyback" unit as a man-in-the-middle of the CAN bus system to intercept & modify the signal beings sent to the DU. For example, the piggyback unit could receive the power/torque request being sent to the DU and then alter the request by some factor to increase the value.

Of course I doubt it's that simple. The DU firmware may be protected with authentication, limits, etc. that would prevent it from being this easy without custom firmware. Tesla likely has other systems in place that could =detect the signal alteration/power increase and then limit or cut power going into limp mode. Even if it is that simple, Tesla could easily release a firmware update that breaks it.

So I think I found an answer about the ambient lights that I didnt know.. I will test tonight and verify. But I have not found this in the owners manual yet. My screen was set to manual. When I set to auto I could see the lights dim I think.. it was broad daylight so hard to tell.

"With Ambient turned on, and headlights turned on, the ambient lights do vary with the MCU brightness. "

It is not infinitely variable, however.
Here are the percentages at which it alters:
20%, 34%, 47%, 60%, 74%, 87%.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
Are yall able to connect to the boost modules wifi AP through your car? I am able to connect via my phone, but the car gives an error "unable to obtain IP address"

Just wondering if this is normal because I don't see anything in the manual saying so

Last edited:
So I think I found an answer about the ambient lights that I didnt know.. I will test tonight and verify. But I have not found this in the owners manual yet. My screen was set to manual. When I set to auto I could see the lights dim I think.. it was broad daylight so hard to tell.

"With Ambient turned on, and headlights turned on, the ambient lights do vary with the MCU brightness. "

It is not infinitely variable, however.
Here are the percentages at which it alters:
20%, 34%, 47%, 60%, 74%, 87%.
How are you liking it so far? any issues with the fogs staying on/off? ambient lighting behaving better now? i'm still on the fence about ordering, need that momentous push.