Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a SC appt tomorrow to have my brakes lubed tires rotated control arms greased and have the rear shock aero shields replaced.

Do I go through the hassle of removing my boost harness for the appt (sadly I don’t have a bypass module) or will I be good to go leaving it in? I’m leaning towards leaving it as is.

I have had mobile service done without an issue, but those visits are usually more personal and most of the rangers are into modding and could care less (unless it’s blatantly the cause of the issue they’re there for, different story then) but I guess the aero shields have to have the car on a lift for replacement? The part is $3.10 lol I splurged and had them replace both sides 🤑

Anyone leave their harness in for svc appt? Was anything said?

Reactions: DoubleDD
If Tesla wishes to know your car has the mod, they don't see to see it to know that.

Unless you're having service with any relation to, or that could be blamed on, the mod, seems it'd be a waste of time and effort to pull it out.
That’s my mentality, just wanted to know if anyone has had any negative experiences. They already know, as you said, I’m sure.

I have a SC appt tomorrow to have my brakes lubed tires rotated control arms greased and have the rear shock aero shields replaced.

Do I go through the hassle of removing my boost harness for the appt (sadly I don’t have a bypass module) or will I be good to go leaving it in? I’m leaning towards leaving it as is.

I have had mobile service done without an issue, but those visits are usually more personal and most of the rangers are into modding and could care less (unless it’s blatantly the cause of the issue they’re there for, different story then) but I guess the aero shields have to have the car on a lift for replacement? The part is $3.10 lol I splurged and had them replace both sides 🤑

Anyone leave their harness in for svc appt? Was anything said?
you should do the aluminum rear shield, i have it and its solid!

you should do the aluminum rear shield, i have it and its solid!
It’s not the aero shield that covers the battery hoses, there are two plastic covers at the bottom of each control arm. Both of mine were disintegrating, they said it could be warranty problem.

Just a rant - I took my car this morning to SC in Paramus NJ, they told me they’re going to have my car 2 days to replace a $3 part and clean my brakes. Never again. That is absolutely ridiculous that they need 2 days for an hours worth of labor at best for everything. Not happy!

Attachments

• 6725F1B4-F628-439B-8622-852F8EAEDE6D.jpeg
    6725F1B4-F628-439B-8622-852F8EAEDE6D.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 82
It’s not the aero shield that covers the battery hoses, there are two plastic covers at the bottom of each control arm. Both of mine were disintegrating, they said it could be warranty problem.

Just a rant - I took my car this morning to SC in Paramus NJ, they told me they’re going to have my car 2 days to replace a $3 part and clean my brakes. Never again. That is absolutely ridiculous that they need 2 days for an hours worth of labor at best for everything. Not happy!
yup SC has been getting worst and worst over the years

Reactions: PauliePucks
Updated to 2022.12.3.2 last night. My automatic emergency braking system is disabled and I cannot use autopilot. I had my brakes cleaned yesterday but the update was pushed after I got home from SC.

Did power off and scroll wheel resets a few times, problem isn’t going away. I may pull the harness later and see if it fixes it, I would caution anyone to install this update yet.

Update: the errors seem to have gone away overnight. I drove another 60 miles after a long power down yesterday, and have not had any issues since. NAP, hold and cruise working fine, I used NAP almost the whole trip, no issues w changing lanes, of course I had a massive phantom brake on the turnpike but that’s FSD for you.

Seems to be ok as of now, but I’d still waive the caution flag on this one.

Also Ingenext has given 2022.12.3.1 the seal of approval for anyone that hasn’t checked.

Ok folks so last night I decided to give teslas acceleration boost a try and honestly it still lacks that umpphhh I was expecting. I’ll probably return it and get the ghost. Just wanna see if you guys think this is a better option. I had the boost module before on my previous model 3 so I know the risks. Just wanna make sure that power is gonna be grin to grin smiling

Ok folks so last night I decided to give teslas acceleration boost a try and honestly it still lacks that umpphhh I was expecting. I’ll probably return it and get the ghost. Just wanna see if you guys think this is a better option. I had the boost module before on my previous model 3 so I know the risks. Just wanna make sure that power is gonna be grin to grin smiling
You will need to ensure you have the 980 motor. If not, the acceleration boost is about all you can do.