Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, thanks. I agree it's not an app but that is how Ingenext describes it for simplicity. The instructions ask that the hard reset is done within the browser program. The problem is that the phone, have tried three and two won't even connect to browser, gets an error message from the browser program saying that "ingenext cannot connect to it's controller via network" Been at this 5 days. Waiting on ingenext for a fix but support is very slow. Disappointed as I love their product but feels like a delicate beta. Any tricks out their to get it connected?

Here's just a guess, maybe if you're doing a hard reset, since the ingenext module gets its power from the vehicle, the module itself also power cycles and the access point goes down. Try hard rest, and then toggle off your wifi wait a couple minutes, then toggle wifi back on and manually reconnect to the ingenext access point
IMG_1326.PNG

So FYI, I did try it myself, and did indeed get the same message when doing Hard Reset. In my case it is definitely due to what I described, since the vehicle power cycles, so does the ingenext module and therefor the access point it hosts also goes down. The web app is no longer able to communicate with the module itself and gives this message. This is expected behavior, and your phone most likely hops back onto a nearby known wifi connection since the ingenext access point is no longer around.

Totally correct and well explained, does the same thing when I go into lap or drift mode but not Regen. By the way when it says Regen is 100% I presume that is expressed as 100 % of what Tesla provides thought I thought I might get a bit more Regen?
@Yperformance For M3P Track Mode, 100% regen is stronger than normal M3P regen, if the battery is warm enough to accept the extra juice. It's reported as stronger by the car (e.g. as seen with Scan My Tesla), and you can feel that it's stronger.

However I've read many anecdotes saying Model Y has stronger regen than Model 3 (comparing dual motor cars in their normal driving modes). If that's true then probably your MYP's regular regen limits are already the same or close to M3P Track Mode 100% regen. And I'm guessing this MYP Track Mode functionality that Ingenext has unlocked, is basically M3P Track Mode.

I am also guessing that if Tesla were to fully implement and release an actual MYP Track Mode, tuned for MYP, it would still have the same max regen limits as M3P Track Mode. Just a guess.

(I'm just following your experiences trying to setup your MYP for track / fast driving as an interested spectator, I don't have any Ingenext modules.)

hello. I am thinking to update my software to 2022.36.2 but ingenext safe list says DON'T use the regen feature in the Ingenext web app if you didn't do the update we sent you.

I have never use the regen feature in the web app. Why do guys need to use regen feature in the ingenext web app when you have the same feature in your model 3?

I'm running 36.6 for 100-150 miles. No major issues that seem to be related to the module, a lot of people (including myself) are getting issues related to cabin camera forcing disengage of AP though... If it were up to me to do it over, I would skip this update and wait till they fix that.
I have actually been experiencing the same thing and I am on 36.5. I just drove to Chicago from Detroit and it happened 3 times on the way there (had to put it in park to re-engage) I really hope they figure this out because I use AP a lot

Reactions: TenKOhms
i'm running the same 36.6 and i haven't had the cabin camera issue
Dang lucky. I've had 3 disengagements so far, two in one day. The second one I knew was probably going to happen so I was filming waiting for it to happen:

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure I was looking at the road, and the issue may be related to the fact that my cabin camera is not working properly. If I go into service mode I can see an error that seems like it's saying it failed to initialize the cabin camera which I made a post about here:

I have actually been experiencing the same thing and I am on 36.5. I just drove to Chicago from Detroit and it happened 3 times on the way there (had to put it in park to re-engage) I really hope they figure this out because I use AP a lot
Oh yeah if you're already on 36.x might as well update to 36.6. Again I've had no issues with the ingenext module. Hope they fix it as well it's super annoying that there's zero warning like they used to with the flashing blue lines, it just kicks you off AP and disables it for the rest of the drive. Service is going to be replacing my cabin camera due to the error in the post above, so hopefully that makes it better.

Dang lucky. I've had 3 disengagements so far, two in one day. The second one I knew was probably going to happen so I was filming waiting for it to happen:

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure I was looking at the road, and the issue may be related to the fact that my cabin camera is not working properly. If I go into service mode I can see an error that seems like it's saying it failed to initialize the cabin camera which I made a post about here:

Oh yeah if you're already on 36.x might as well update to 36.6. Again I've had no issues with the ingenext module. Hope they fix it as well it's super annoying that there's zero warning like they used to with the flashing blue lines, it just kicks you off AP and disables it for the rest of the drive. Service is going to be replacing my cabin camera due to the error in the post above, so hopefully that makes it better.
Interesting! I hope that fixes it. I was pissed off when it happened to me on my road trip.