Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so if you get the boost upgrade from Tesla will the boost 50 lower the numbers even more?

Another poster said he put the Ghost mode on. But the websites says you have to have this installed at the shop

Can you remotely do the Ghost

Far as I can tell the boost 50 is just them enabling the same boost Tesla sells, but charging less to do it (at potential risk of some warranty coverage)

Ditto the ghost upgrade just telling the car it's a P via software, since the HW is identical either way.

Far as I can tell the boost 50 is just them enabling the same boost Tesla sells, but charging less to do it (at potential risk of some warranty coverage)

Ditto the ghost upgrade just telling the car it's a P via software, since the HW is identical either way.
Correct. I even did about 10 pulls from and dig and 20mph roll against a P+ all the way to 80mph. Both are identical in every way in terms of power through the powerband. Nothing significant and it was basically who had the better reaction was the one who won.

Reactions: silverflash
Quiet her for a bit, any new info on Ghost?

I hear they are working on a few things, hopefully a stage 3.

Bringing back a zombie post here...
200w.gif

Lots of SR+ came with 980s for the first year or so at least

But without the front motor that doesn't help you

Notice even the half-a-P-difference paid acceleration boost is only available for dual-motor cars.
I asked them about P+ And they said they’re looking into it but they said they were more hopeful on SR / LR with 980 motors. I think they’re actually working on it tbh. The 980 motor opened a huge door for them to tune.

I asked them about P+ And they said they’re looking into it but they said they were more hopeful on SR / LR with 980 motors. I think they’re actually working on it tbh. The 980 motor opened a huge door for them to tune.

AFAIK they haven't offered for sale any proprietary "tuning" at all.

The 2 products they sell are basically copying Teslas acceleration boost for stage 1, and copying the stock P code for stage 2 (hence why they have the same HW limitations as Teslas offerings)

Regarding the RWD cars, AFAIK the rear motor doesn't have a ton left in it above what it already outputs on the RWD vehicle.

If it did it seems Tesla would already have offered a paid AB option for it.

I also vaguely recall some EU disclosure docs back when everything got a 980 showing the LR RWD and P both had the same max rear output- with the LR AWD being lower despite being physically identical- and the front output on the LR AWD and P being different against despite being physically identical-- it's probably linked somewhere in the 97,000 page debate on the 980 stuff

Reactions: Suspect
I would guess it'd be about what the LR RWD does- (so 4.9 vs 5.3) for 2 reasons.

1) Again that appears to be about the safe limit for the rear motor

2) They'd already have existing LR RWD code to copy, which so far is all they appear to have been able to "tune" for Teslas.

Note I don't know if 2 is because they can't do more than that- or that there's so many dependencies with other systems (like autopilot, traction control, etc) that it's not safe to directly apply motor boost outside of existing Tesla configs.

This assumes the smaller battery in the SR+ isn't a limitation on max power- I don't know if that's correct or not off hand (the EU disclosure docs would probably be useful here again)

Updating with more current info:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_europe_en.pdf

That's the current EU manual.

P rear motor lists at 219 kw max power.

RWD rear motor lists at 239 kw max power.

LR AWD rear motor (990 these days) lists at 203 kw max power.

(front for P is 158kw, LR AWD front is 121 kw)

No distinction for LR vs SR on the RWD motor.

So currently the RWD motor is already putting out more than the P... though from historical info the highest Tesla ever listed for the rear 980 on any config (RWD and P a year or two ago) was 246 kw.

So again there's not much more to add to a RWD car at all, LR or SR. 239->246 is about 10 horsepower.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and P-Lo801