Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a little update here on MY experience with Ghost:

I have already taken my car into Tesla service for warranty work and had no issues. Needed the front upper control arms replaced due to a defect in the suspension (appears to be well documented on older 3's). I removed the mod, dropped the car off, had the arms replaced under warranty, reconnected with Ingenext - got the mod re-installed and the module updated so that future updates do not require Ingenext involvement to remotely re-program. Everything is fine.

Great to hear! I got in on the BF deal, just awaiting its arrival. Was there a fee to remove/reinstall from Ingenext?

Also, please share a link to more info on the defective control arm issue. I'm not aware of this one. Couldn't find anything through search. Thanks!

Great to hear! I got in on the BF deal, just awaiting its arrival. Was there a fee to remove/reinstall from Ingenext?

Also, please share a link to more info on the defective control arm issue. I'm not aware of this one. Couldn't find anything through search. Thanks!
Ghost is DIY. You install and remove it. All they do is remote programming. It now has auto updates in their app so now y’all can update away without any worries as long it’s in their safe to update list.

SAFE TESLA UPDATES FOR BOOST 50, GHOST UPGRADE AND BONUS MODULE

Ghost is DIY. You install and remove it. All they do is remote programming. It now has auto updates in their app so now y’all can update away without any worries as long it’s in their safe to update list.

SAFE TESLA UPDATES FOR BOOST 50, GHOST UPGRADE AND BONUS MODULE

Understood. I was referring to that remote programming part to remove/reinstall before and after his service visit. I can't imagine Ingenext will keep doing that for free after the initial install.

It was free to reinstall (reprogram) as you get 2 freebies after the 1st one then $75/ea after that (though that's not necessary now that you can DIY with the latest module update). They didn't need to remove anything. As soon as you remove the module and plug the Tesla harness back into the MCU it goes back to default.

Regarding the control arm issue, there are many threads on this on TMC and elsewhere such as here and here and here. Video example and explanation here.

• Informative
Reactions: omkar
There’s a 10% coupon they have now. “GoFaster10” if you plan on ordering.

(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)

I’m sorry to ask, but there at 38 pages of this thread and I can’t bring myself to read it all:

Does the ghost mod require the 50 also? Do you have to buy both to get the ghost?

how do I know if I have the proper motor? I have a 2018 dual 3.

What are the risks with this, and are there any reports of this causing problems, like bricking the car, etc...?

thanks!

I’m sorry to ask, but there at 38 pages of this thread and I can’t bring myself to read it all:

Does the ghost mod require the 50 also? Do you have to buy both to get the ghost?

What are the risks with this, and are there any reports of this causing problems, like bricking the car, etc...?

thanks!
Cliff notes:
980 to ghost: 1 step
980 plus Tesla boost to ghost: 1 step
990 to boost 50: 1 step

works on any 980 motor. Essentially when Tesla made the “stealth” they opened the door to this. No issues. The real cool thing about this is that the Y has track mode now through their app. Something you cannot get from Tesla at all.

thanks!

No. It's just the Ghost module combined with the Nice Try module that comes as a complete package. All of this information is readily available on the Ingenext website.

thanks!

Directly from the website:

GHOST UPGRADE DIY
===================================

IMPACT ON THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY

When visiting a Service Center or when a technician visits your home, it is recommended that you remove the device beforehand. Any purchaser or user of the Ghost upgrade releases Technologies Ingenext and all its related companies from any responsibility regarding the full or partial validity of the manufacturer's warranty following the use of this equipment. We are not responsible for any modifications the manufacturer could do to your car (ex: turning off some features etc.).
===================================

You need to make your own decision on whether this is important to you or not, but its clear that while ingenext may have things in place to enable updates, they offer no guarantees whatsoever that you will be able to perform updates in the future, or if tesla "does something" ingenext has no obligation to help you.

Whether this is important to you, you have to decide. For some its important, for others its not.

Exactly. Plenty of little stuff that has been pulled. Deadman pedal (wow, for me that'd be a big one if I hadn't got that), Homelink, little hooks in the back (not a big thing but there it is), the frunk mat, the ochre rear window (this was dropped ahead of mine getting built, unfortunately), and so on as Tesla has refined to pinch pennies on cost. Benefits flowing to early adopters teaches the lesson for the future of "don't delay, get it early". That's pretty powerful marketing tool if you can build that attitude in the public.

And it isn't even like this would be free, it is just the opportunity to pay more money.

Of course there'd be a non-zero number of people squealing and whining, welcome to the Internet Era, but there just isn't any real moral grounds to be pissed about it and Tesla has done plenty with more actual reason to be choked about.

The one potential rub is for people buying the option that had already paid for Boost. Tesla might end up needing to give them credit for the $ spent on the Boost towards the new option. But that's a relatively small thing, and still would net Tesla more cash than not offering the new option.
What is the “deadman pedal”?