Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$712.50 is an extremely tempting price.

I just don't want to f**k up my car and have my Supercharging disabled and whatever else Tesla would do if they found out. I read about someone taking their car into service and Tesla saw that they were using rear heated seats without having paid for the upgrade and the guy had even removed the ingenext module prior, and Tesla ended up voiding his warranty.

So torn on this. I know I shouldn't buy and probably won't. Wish Tesla would just offer an acceleration boost already for the SR+ since this is clearly possible!

Last edited:
To this point Tesla hasn't done anything to impact cars with the mod.

They'd certainly be within their legal rights to do so (for example refusing to honor the powertrain warranty).

And unlike what the product maker originally claimed, Tesla can absolutely "tell" if you have the mod or not (in fact after the claim was originally made Tesla made this point by having the car produce a message saying Hey we noticed you put this 3rd part mod on....)

It's possible Tesla never does anything further. Or it's possible they do. Nobody can know for sure.

To me it wasn't worth saving $900 vs buying the official AB from Tesla to risk it, others may feel otherwise (or own a model where there's no official equivalent from Tesla and feel it's worth it)

thats awesome! what about getting updates from tesla or supercharging? i hear many stories about them banning it cause you have a hack in their system
A full year with the Ghost, zero issues whatsoever with supercharger and Tesla software updates. You just need to check Ingenext's website for their "all clear" to safely install the latest update. They seem to be a tad slower as of late to give the "all clear" but all updates the past year have been safe.

how can you get it for $712?

gChCkOd.png

I'm interested in the Ghost upgrade, especially with the 25% discount, but have seen some people say it was very difficult to access the MCU and plugs and am worried I may not be able to install it. Is it really that difficult to access and install? The YouTube install video wasn't that detailed. Is there a more detailed video or instructions? I want to try to access it this week to make sure I can do it before I buy it.

I'm interested in the Ghost upgrade, especially with the 25% discount, but have seen some people say it was very difficult to access the MCU and plugs and am worried I may not be able to install it. Is it really that difficult to access and install? The YouTube install video wasn't that detailed. Is there a more detailed video or instructions? I want to try to access it this week to make sure I can do it before I buy it.
It is “slightly” difficult but not impossible (7/10). You should be able to do it in less than 30mins. My recommendation is to push the passenger seat all the way back and recline the seat back all the way. If visibility is hard what you can do is be inverted so that your back is on the floor and your legs is on the chair so you can visually face the MCU. A headlight flashlight works great if you can’t see or get light in there. Last resort would be know someone with small hands. It’s really not that hard….might take a couple of attempts.

Reactions: rlb4
It is “slightly” difficult but not impossible (7/10). You should be able to do it in less than 30mins. My recommendation is to push the passenger seat all the way back and recline the seat back all the way. If visibility is hard what you can do is be inverted so that your back is on the floor and your legs is on the chair so you can visually face the MCU. A headlight flashlight works great if you can’t see or get light in there. Last resort would be know someone with small hands. It’s really not that hard….might take a couple of attempts.
Does it come with more detailed instructions? I couldn't really tell from the video what connector to pull out.

I don’t want to discourage you, as I have the Boost module, and I love it. However, I have had to take it out a couple of times for service, and while it is possible, it is a PITA. Especially if you do not have tiny little hands. I am not a big guy and I always end up with some scrapes on my wrist, frustrated, and tired of being upside down in the foot well for a half hour struggling with it. I wish there was an easier way, but Tesla did not design this area of the car to be easily accessible. But if you have the need for speed, do it. Frustrating on occasion, but IMHO worth it.

I want to order the Ghost upgrade but wanted to confirm I have the 980 motor. I sent this picture to Ingenext but wanted to get others feedback. I have a 10/2018 build dual motor. VIN # 094570. I took my rear wheel off to take this picture. View attachment 736968
So from the other groups is that when you have a blank plate they won’t know until the install. If your motor is not a 980 then they will refund. You can DM them to confirm what I’m saying but the question has been asked.