Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too am interested in the bonus module for my '19 M3 SR+.

I have the rear heated seats already from tesla, i really would like to add the ambient lighting and the auto open frunk and trunk as I have the upgraded struts. Does anyone have the bonus module, does the ambient lighting work as if it was factory, or is it simply always on while the car is powered on?

Also, does anyone know if this will interfere with the factory rear heated seat option already being activated?

Thanks!

I too am interested in the bonus module for my '19 M3 SR+.

I have the rear heated seats already from tesla, i really would like to add the ambient lighting and the auto open frunk and trunk as I have the upgraded struts. Does anyone have the bonus module, does the ambient lighting work as if it was factory, or is it simply always on while the car is powered on?

Also, does anyone know if this will interfere with the factory rear heated seat option already being activated?

Thanks!
Ambient lighting for me works as if factory installed

Can’t see why the heated seats would be a problem if you already purchased them from Tesla. Just don’t bother enabling the option to control them when you set things up

Reactions: PauliePucks
For the Boost 50 module for the LR AWD, can you install it and just benefit from the better acceleration? I read through the other things it adds and honestly, I don't want it to screw up any other functionality, like wipers, etc. I just want to make sure everything else in the car stays as-is.

For the Boost 50 module for the LR AWD, can you install it and just benefit from the better acceleration? I read through the other things it adds and honestly, I don't want it to screw up any other functionality, like wipers, etc. I just want to make sure everything else in the car stays as-is.
Yes. If all you want is better acceleration, that’s the default. If you never connect to the web interface you’ll never even see the other options. Acceleration boost isn’t selectable; once the module is installed it’s always “on”.

Reactions: Rothgarr
Tomorrow morning is my install appointment for my Ghost Module....can't wait!
How did it go?
I have mine tonight. Hope to get home in enough time to get it installed and get them hooked up to the computer.
Yes. If all you want is better acceleration, that’s the default. If you never connect to the web interface you’ll never even see the other options. Acceleration boost isn’t selectable; once the module is installed it’s always “on”.
That's good to know. I personally don't care about all the other stuff. With that said, I'll probably play with the auto door or trunk/frunk opening.

How did it go?
I have mine tonight. Hope to get home in enough time to get it installed and get them hooked up to the computer.

That's good to know. I personally don't care about all the other stuff. With that said, I'll probably play with the auto door or trunk/frunk opening.
It's tomorrow morning. (Friday)

You're doing the Ghost as well? Keep us posted with how everything goes!

Is the Boost 50 worth the extra $500 for .5 seconds of acceleration? I have a M3 SR+ RWD so that’s really the only performance upgrade I would be able to utilize, correct? I have a 980 motor.
Half a second of difference is a lot in terms of acceleration, and you can definitely feel it. Some people spend thousands to achieve that in their ICE cars.

It's tomorrow morning. (Friday)

You're doing the Ghost as well? Keep us posted with how everything goes!
Couldn't wait to get in this morning and give you the run down. Yes, I did the Ghost. My appointment was 6pm. Arrived home around 5:10. The pressure was on. Wife was not home yet so had to park out of the way so she can get the big X in our small garage. I knew it would get dark quick so I dropped a cord to power up a light and the laptop. Getting the bottom of the glove box off was easy. I only unplug the light and move the piece to the side keeping the speaker connected. Looked up at the plug and OMG, How in the Hell? I used two screw drivers (Long skinny) and was able to push the button and use the other to pry(twist) the connector from MCU. Time is clicking. Ghost was plugged in the connector. I bent the MCU plug on the ghost in the right angle and that help. Now to get that up in there. I kept bending the plug so it was at the correct angle to go in the MCU. Time ticking. I remember go there left hand blind. Nope, not happening. Right hand, nope not ANY room to get the plug going in straight in the MCU. I did this back and forth left hand right hand for approx. 15min. Grabbed the phone to get on FB chat. Laptop power hooked up but it went to sleep. Time ticking. Logged back in. Finally, heart beating probably 180, I'm doing this to a $60K car, going rogue, some company out of US, already paid thousands, pushed the passenger seat all the way back and seat back down. Got in there upside down. I'm not in the best of shape ,nervous as all get out in a tight spot. FINALLY, I was able to line up the plug to the MCU and I was like, PUSH, PUSH, PUSH. I didn't hear any click. Removed myself from that prison and pushed on that plug like my life was in danger. (clock ticking). Got the DB9 hooked up to the laptop. Sent a message on FB chat. It was now 5:57. By the grace of GOD, I got it all hooked up just in time. They logged in, did their thing, "Ok now hit the brake" Car came alive but there was no bing bing sound. ok NBD. "Please power off the car" Ok, did that. They did a few more key strokes and said "Hit the brake" Car came alive again but still no sound. "Any error codes?" Nope but no sound. Nothing under the radio, music was functional. OOOHHH Boy. Now my heart is at probably 220. At this time, my wife was out of the house helping me with the phone and chatting with them. They said, do a hard reset. I'm like ok, WTF, but my wife said they sent a video. Well wouldn't you know it, the MY is not like the M3 when it comes to getting the back seat out. No slider in the front to release. Well, I just started yanking and I guess it worked for the seat came out. Disconnected the 12v battery, and pulled the LV plug under the seat. I'm like what am I doing. It's dark and I'm tearing into a 60K Tesla. We had to give it 2 min. "Wife, set a timer please" Put the LV plug back in and hooked up the 12V battery. NEG cable only was removed. Wife went inside car and was smiling playing with the stereo. Getting the seat back in was not that bad but remember to align up the seat belt inserts. (Remember, two on the right side). We took a very quick spin up the road and I could not believe this was the same car. It felt as if I traded in my Fiero for a Ferrari! Driving in to work, I felt like don't need as much acceleration to do 45. When I got on the belt way, I was already doing 65. Punched it but it didn't feel like there was much if any improvement doing 30mph more. Can't wait to get it out on the track. Our MY was already 12.9 in the 1/4 mile. Can't wait to see the difference. Thanks all.

Reactions: rlb4
Ok, so I just did a "test run" so I would know what I'd be doing tomorrow morning. My biggest concern was know exactly where and how to get to the plug in question on the MCU....

Took all of 2 minutes to disconnect. I don't know what all the fuss is about! LOL
Just finished up with my installation a little bit ago and wanted to share my feedback.

First, they were late being online at the scheduled time they agreed on. Fortunately, I had the day off of work but someone that has limited time/availability, that could be frustrating.

Overall, the process took about 45 minutes to complete from start to finish. I think that mainly had to do with having the Acceleration Boost already as about half the time was spent without having both ends of the Module connected to start with. They did some work with just the one end connected, flashed an update to their Nice Try Box and then was asked to connect the harness to the MCU. They finished their work, the car booted back up with no errors/alerts on the screen and no need to restart the car.

I was ready for my test ride. Mind you, it is cold out plus I have my winter tires on, also, I am coming from my car already having the Tesla Acceleration Boost and not a base LR AWD. The punch and throttle response in EXTREMELY NOTICABLE over what I was previously driving. Felt like a totally new car. Was grinning ear to ear, just like the first time driving a Tesla. I haven't tested all the add on features yet but will be soon.

As far as first impressions, 100% worth it! The price people are willing to pay for speed/performance increases are always going to be subjective, but I feel this was worth it FOR ME. I took advantage of their Black Friday sale which was 25% or $1800. I was waiting for about the last 6 months or so for that sale to come back around and I'm glad I did. I know they (typically) have a Christmas sale coming up soon which was 20% off.

Any other questions/comments, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as I can!