Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question: for the LRAWD Boost 50 module, when you put it in "drift mode" does that allow you to set front/rear bias similar to Track Mode? I assume traction control is disabled, but what about stability control? Is this a decent alternative to the MPP partybox for us LRAWD folks?
MPP Party box is a set level of slip. Ingenext ‘Drift mode’ does not allow track mode bias selection.

the auto-open door feature on the boost 50 module is one of my favorite features - satisfied ingenext boost owner checking in

i wonder if ingenext will offer any "tunes" or different "maps" for their modules. I know its probably a liability issue but all you gotta do is tweak some values, im assuming
Is this like the model X auto open door??

in a sense yes
Amazed it does this. Is there an electronic spring already part of the door hardware? I find this odd as why would T even have this sort of functionality avail when it never intends to use it? Even model S doesn’t have this!
Assuming it won’t close after you hit the brake as With MX.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
Amazed it does this. Is there an electronic spring already part of the door hardware? I find this odd as why would T even have this sort of functionality avail when it never intends to use it? Even model S doesn’t have this!
Assuming it won’t close after you hit the brake as With MX.
I don't have it myself, but I'd bet whatever opening you get is exactly what you get when you are inside and press the 'open the door' button on the door. I'm guessing its an inch or two, tops.

Reactions: bedoig and MP3Mike
I don't have it myself, but I'd bet whatever opening you get is exactly what you get when you are inside and press the 'open the door' button on the door. I'm guessing its an inch or two, tops.
Exactly right. It just pops the electronic door release like pushing the button. You gotta spend another $50-75k for Model X level awesome sauce. It is a cool feature on the X, but don't think I'd ever buy one.

I’m surprised Tesla doesn’t allow that functionality from the app/fob. Just as simple as pressing the unlock button from inside the car.
Keep in mind that on a model 3/Y, the door only pops open ever so slightly. It doesn't actually open part way or all the way. Just enough to get your hand in between the door and the car. The model X door opens all the way. It's smart enough to know in what direction you enter the vehicle. If you were to approach the vehicle from the front walking to the door, it only opens partially. Once you walk slightly past the door, it will open the rest of the way. If you were to approach the vehicle from the back on the driver side, the driver door will open all the way.

Keep in mind that on a model 3/Y, the door only pops open ever so slightly. It doesn't actually open part way or all the way.
Yep. That’s what I’m talking about. That opening we get when we press the unlock button inside the car. Would be cool to be able to open the same way from the app or fob on approach, or, for that matter by a tap on the screen inside to allow passengers to get in. The way it’s setup now, it really doesn’t benefit anyone for the door to open ajar from the inside, when you have to push the door open upon unlock anyway. This would solve the issue many on the forum have expressed about passengers getting confused attempting entry. This seems as easy as one line of code to effect.

the auto-open door feature on the boost 50 module is one of my favorite features - satisfied ingenext boost owner checking in
So does it do this even if I am walking past my car? My car is on my driveway and I walk past it all the time...I don't want it unlocking every time I walk past it...? I guess my question is "how does it know I actually WANT to open my car door?"

So does it do this even if I am walking past my car? My car is on my driveway and I walk past it all the time...I don't want it unlocking every time I walk past it...? I guess my question is "how does it know I actually WANT to open my car door?"
Well, this is a problem. It doesn't know. When I'm washing our X, I will try my best to ensure I don't have fob in pocket. Yes, there was a lesson there.
The sensors just goes off of fob location. We don't need our Teslas to be Sentient.

Yes, it opens whenever you are near, but only if the car is locked. I have my car set to not lock at home, and I can walk by it and it will not open. If you do not have the Tesla feature set to not lock at home, your Ingenext module will behave however you set it when you approach. But you can adjust the module settings to only open when very close, or just turn that feature off if it’s not working for you or annoying when parked at home. It’s really a very superfluous feature anyway. I use it, but I would be just as happy without the feature at all.

Went to the 1/8 mile track last night.
Hard to make out on the screen shot but you are looking at a huge gap on a nitrous running mustang. Not sure what a Performance Model Y runs at the track but I thought 7.74 (1/8mile) wasn't bad on the ghost upgrade.

1639846926585.png

Looks like we should all be getting the holiday update tomorrow. You think we'd have to wait for the all clear before we can download the update?

Looks like we should all be getting the holiday update tomorrow. You think we'd have to wait for the all clear before we can download the update?
I just got notified of the 44.6 update. Waiting for it to be cleared before install.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor