Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i believe RWD always had 980 in the rear, i used to have a 2019 rwd and it was also a 980

After more research, that appears to be true, but there are apparently multiple variants of the 980. The Performance used to use 3D1 and now uses 3D6, whereas RWD from the last couple years are supposed to use 3D5 or 3D7, which I think have less power than 3D1 and 3D6 and are the reason Tesla reduced the advertised 0-60 from 5.3s to 5.8s for 2022+ RWD models. I have the 3D1, which I think is unusual for a 2022+ RWD, but I could be wrong.

Here's a link to spec for the different variants: Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 12.56.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 12.56.39 PM.png
    117 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
After more research, that appears to be true, but there are apparently multiple variants of the 980. The Performance used to use 3D1 and now uses 3D6, whereas RWD from the last couple years are supposed to use 3D5 or 3D7, which I think have less power than 3D1 and 3D6 and are the reason Tesla reduced the advertised 0-60 from 5.3s to 5.8s for 2022+ RWD models. I have the 3D1, which I think is unusual for a 2022+ RWD, but I could be wrong.
that just shows they install whatever is available at the time, which is normal for them since they put matrix headlights on some new ones and old headlights on some other new cars.

Reactions: buckets0fun
I received an email about Updating the Firmware on the Ghost Module to "fix the bug with the battery pack heating and the heating steering wheel". I also see that on the Ingenext Updates page, it states:
2023.2.10 Safe with the Nice try module installed (There's a bug with the battery pack heating & heating steering wheel, we'll send you an update soon!)
If I'm currently on 2022.44.30, is there any rush for me to update the Ghost Module? I'm not looking forward to pulling the module out, finding a Windows machine to update, and then putting the module back in. 😅

Reactions: coolmanfever
I received an email about Updating the Firmware on the Ghost Module to "fix the bug with the battery pack heating and the heating steering wheel". I also see that on the Ingenext Updates page, it states:

If I'm currently on 2022.44.30, is there any rush for me to update the Ghost Module? I'm not looking forward to pulling the module out, finding a Windows machine to update, and then putting the module back in. 😅
Same here. Wish firmwire update can be done over the air