Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, guys so I currently have 2023.12.9 and just got the 2023.12.9.1 downloaded and ready to install. This is my first update with the Ghost Module installed.
The Ingexext site does not show 2023.12.9.1 as safe but from my understanding, these little incremental bug fix releases are considered safe, and plus Jester27 already said his is working fine.
So right now my Main screen is asking me to schedule the installation. So to make sure this is the proper process for me. I connect to the Ingenext App via the Module Wifi and the IP Address, then uncheck/check the Permit Updates button (I forgot if it's unchecked to permit or vice versa). After that proceed with the Tesla Install of the update and when done go back and flip that Toggle back so it no longer permits updates.

B.
Yes that's the top and bottom of it
For info my update was on the Boost SR+ though.
Looking back through all the previous updates I think there's only been 1 that caused and issue but like you say the small incremental updates are usually fine anyway as they're normally bug fixes

Reactions: Dysan911
I will need to take the car for tire rotation soon, should I be worried about the ghost module? Is there a way to deactivate the wi fi so it does not pop up on the mechanics phone?
Also, I am looking into buying the homelink (automatic garage opener) would I need to remove the module for this? It can only be installed at the dealership so I have to take my car in

I will need to take the car for tire rotation soon, should I be worried about the ghost module? Is there a way to deactivate the wi fi so it does not pop up on the mechanics phone?
Also, I am looking into buying the homelink (automatic garage opener) would I need to remove the module for this? It can only be installed at the dealership so I have to take my car in
I don’t think it should matter during a tire rotation.

I installed mine so that the module piece was easily accessible with just pulling off the door trim pieces. That way I can just pull out the modules and replace them with the bypass very easily.

Reactions: Roadrunner23
There is indeed a way to deactivate the wifi.... check the manual.

And no, you shouldn't worry about it.

Ok, guys so I currently have 2023.12.9 and just got the 2023.12.9.1 downloaded and ready to install. This is my first update with the Ghost Module installed.
The Ingexext site does not show 2023.12.9.1 as safe but from my understanding, these little incremental bug fix releases are considered safe, and plus Jester27 already said his is working fine.
So right now my Main screen is asking me to schedule the installation. So to make sure this is the proper process for me. I connect to the Ingenext App via the Module Wifi and the IP Address, then uncheck/check the Permit Updates button (I forgot if it's unchecked to permit or vice versa). After that proceed with the Tesla Install of the update and when done go back and flip that Toggle back so it no longer permits updates.

B.
Correct. 2023.12.9.1 works for me, too.

Just saw that update 2023.20.4.1 is available but looks like it hasn’t been confirmed safe from Ingenext website yet so looks like need to hold on to it at the moment. Boost SR by the way.
Yeah, I noticed that one was starting to get pushed out. Something to keep an eye out for on the Ingenext site for sure.

I'd be going from 2023.12.9.1 to 2023.20.4.1. I don't fully understand the version numbering with Tesla but this one looks like a 2023.12 to 2023.20. Must be something significant being changed.

Reactions: kjww
Yeah, I noticed that one was starting to get pushed out. Something to keep an eye out for on the Ingenext site for sure.

I'd be going from 2023.12.9.1 to 2023.20.4.1. I don't fully understand the version numbering with Tesla but this one looks like a 2023.12 to 2023.20. Must be something significant being changed.
1686788600038.png

Finally found a place to get some valid Dragy runs. There are hills everywhere around here, so finding a flat road that doesn't have many cars can be challenging.

This was my best run of 6 with my 2023 RWD w/ 60 kWh LFP battery and Boost LFP at around 80% SOC (w/ 50 lbs of child car seats 😄). Seems like it takes the car from 5.8 seconds (according to Tesla... didn't actually test with Dragy before installing Boost) to 5.1 seconds consistently, but with a very slight decline I can get 5.0. I bet I can eke out just under 5 with the right conditions. Paltry numbers compared to LR and P, I know, but I'm still impressed that it pretty much matches a Model Y AWD (standard range dual motor) and the old Model 3 LR RWD.

Ever since Tesla switched the base model SR+ from NCA to LFP and increased the 0-60 from 5.3 to 5.8 seconds, a lot of people were saying it's because the LFP batteries can't handle as much power. Well, it seems like they can handle it just fine, so I think it was more of a marketing decision, or Tesla just deciding not to increase the software limited power output of the motor to offset the additional weight of the larger LFP battery.

View attachment 939204

I thought all 2023 RWD's came with 990 (mine did) and Ingenext website shows that their module is only compatible with 980 LFP 60kWh battery,

What module are you using?

I've had a ghost for about a year and a half now. But the other day I got some BMS trouble codes and the car went into limp mode, and I have a service appointment coming up. I am taking the ghost out before the appointment obviously.

My question is how do I go about setting up the ghost again when I get the car back? Do I just plug it back in, or do I have to contact Ingenext to set it up again?

I ask because now it says that modules are plug and play. But my module is 1.5 years old, and to set mine up originally I had to have a Ingenext tech log into my laptop remotely while connected to the ghost.

I did install the newest software update to the ghost earlier this year, if that helps.

I've had a ghost for about a year and a half now. But the other day I got some BMS trouble codes and the car went into limp mode, and I have a service appointment coming up. I am taking the ghost out before the appointment obviously.

My question is how do I go about setting up the ghost again when I get the car back? Do I just plug it back in, or do I have to contact Ingenext to set it up again?

I ask because now it says that modules are plug and play. But my module is 1.5 years old, and to set mine up originally I had to have a Ingenext tech log into my laptop remotely while connected to the ghost.

I did install the newest software update to the ghost earlier this year, if that helps.
You should check with Ingenext, but I believe the answer is that you just plug it back in and its already set up. Take that with a grain of salt, I haven't had to do it yet.

When you find the answer, please come back and post it.

When ingenext hook up to it from their end they're usually setting it for the vin number to match your vehicle and maybe update the firmware too.
I would have thought that on e it's paired to your car it should be plug and play so you should be able to remove it and reinstall as and when without any issues as it's already paired to your car