Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finished the install and am just finishing up putting the trim back. I had to go pick up kids from school, there's another Tesla avail if I couldn't have brought this car to a drivable state — but I did. I couldn't finish everything, basically glovebox and airbag were back in 100% but upper dash was still lose on the pass side until I finish everything else. I was almost afraid to punch it for fear of the dash braking apart 😂 Tho it's not that weak and was fine.

The install was an absolute pain. Difficulty is 10/10 on Ryzen. I would say, if you're not very comfortable working on cars, electronics, etc., probably not a great idea. I've worked on cars in the past, including taking (gasser) engines apart, my main concern was really not to damage anything taking it apart/putting it back. I am happy to report that, other than the X170 connector, which can go straight to hell (sayonara red clip! you will not be missed!), all the parts are made extremely well from a popping out and back in, unlike parts on some computers (you go to upgrade RAM/SDD and it just doesn't go back together exactly like before, and you mar some parts because even with the right tools they don't come apart properly — there is none of that here, yay! So, there is at least that (again, except for the X170 connector). The people/robots who put my car together routed the cabling around the connectors in question the worst way possible/imaginable, I had a terrible time with both connectors, but in particular with the upper X170 — there is a very thick and hard cable that ran in such a way that you couldn't remove the connector. An absolute nightmare.
My install was similarly as inconvenient. But I’m not as young, flexible, and savvy as the average DIY’er. It’s not a dealbreaker. But it’s good to set fair expectations for the amateur installers.

Reactions: Yankees
I recently ran into an issue with AC/HEAT not working and getting VCFRONT_A447 and also noticed I no longer seem to be getting the update pop-up. When trying to connect to the Ingenext web app I'm getting the error here.
422645287_1858322407944366_3245630125367435910_n.jpg

I wanted to re-enable updates since haven't updated car in like 10 months. But I can no longer get the app to load...wondering what is going on.

I recently ran into an issue with AC/HEAT not working and getting VCFRONT_A447 and also noticed I no longer seem to be getting the update pop-up. When trying to connect to the Ingenext web app I'm getting the error here.

I wanted to re-enable updates since haven't updated car in like 10 months. But I can no longer get the app to load...wondering what is going on.
Ask Ingenext. Also probably want to keep updates somewhat up to date, unless you have a specific reason not to.

Reactions: miss demeanor
View attachment 1015591

Unplug the dongle, reattach to the ingenext wiring patch harness.

Anyone install 2024.2.2.1 yet?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like a harmless recall update to make some of the icons more visible but I also noticed it said Security Improvements so wasn't sure whats up with that part.
As this would be my first update since install, I am itching bad to install — is it typical to lag this many days behind before publishing on the "safe to install" page, or is it a potential sign there might be an incompatibility? It's annoying to see the "Install Update" every time I shift into Park (I do school carpools and this is a frequent occurence for me :( ).

As this would be my first update since install, I am itching bad to install — is it typical to lag this many days behind before publishing on the "safe to install" page, or is it a potential sign there might be an incompatibility? It's annoying to see the "Install Update" every time I shift into Park (I do school carpools and this is a frequent occurence for me :( ).
Safe to update page normally takes many weeks before updates appear. Best bet is to keep checking here. For minor updates alot of people here will just install them right away.

Just curious. In order to receive updates from Ingenext on the Ghost module itself. Do those come via logging into the internal webpage of the device itself and you get prompted that an update is avail or does Ingenext email you something you drop on a thumbdrive and update that way?

I noticed while checking their site on the latest Tesla update that they mentioned sending an update for the previous Tesla software update.

• 2023.44.30.8 Safe with the Nice try module installed (We'll send an update shortly for the battery pack heating)

Just curious. In order to receive updates from Ingenext on the Ghost module itself. Do those come via logging into the internal webpage of the device itself and you get prompted that an update is avail or does Ingenext email you something you drop on a thumbdrive and update that way?

I noticed while checking their site on the latest Tesla update that they mentioned sending an update for the previous Tesla software update.

• 2023.44.30.8 Safe with the Nice try module installed (We'll send an update shortly for the battery pack heating)
Its been a while, but IIRC they give you access to the new firmware on a box or dropbox drive, then you connect the ghost or nice try module to your computer(via the USB cable supplied with the Ghost) to do the update. I've only done it once.

Reactions: Dysan911