Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mahaney03 @Vaillant The Ingenext timer seemed ok compared to Dragy in my tests. It gave results 0.1-0.2 seconds higher than Dragy. Not sure if that's due to my tires being over Tesla recommended spec by 2 PSI, or because Ingenext starts the timer as soon as the pedal moves whereas the Dragy doesn't start until the car moves. The biggest downside to using the Ingenext number is that you can't verify the angle of the road. A 1% slope may be imperceptible to you, but it could make a 0.1-0.2 second difference... notice that the first 3 runs Dragy considered invalid because slope was more than 1%.
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.00.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.00.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.01.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.02.06 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Vaillant
Just to be clear? So the 2024.2.2.1 update attempted to install on your car while it was in "Service Mode"? or at a Tesla Service Center... or as a result of the update bricking your car it was "Taken" to a Tesla service center and the above was them identifying the Ingenext module as the cause of the bricking?

In the email it says also if you do this update the “allow update” feature will no longer be available which is concerning to me.
Thanks for pointing that out. Even more reason to not allow updates, this time to Ghost.

I wonder if Tesla has pressured them to always allow updates or we will always need to update Ghost to get a new update allowed.

Thanks for pointing that out. Even more reason to not allow updates, this time to Ghost.

I wonder if Tesla has pressured them to always allow updates or we will always need to update Ghost to get a new update allowed.
It could be something as far as Tesla pressuring a lawsuit if they didn’t remove that option since it interferes with a federally mandated recall. Just guessing, all I know is I’m not upgrading. It works now and I definitely don’t want to risk it ever not working.

Curious if this update applies to ALL Ghost modules or the legacy ones that had the Serial Cable attachment or if that even matters.. Don't know why I wouldn't get the email. Anyone else NOT get that update email?

I bought my Ghost from a previous owner but I did work with Ingenext with my Vin and get it registered as the new owner when they reset everything so they should have my email but it concerns me that maybe they didn't add me to the email distribution. :(

Just to be clear? So the 2024.2.2.1 update attempted to install on your car while it was in "Service Mode"? or at a Tesla Service Center... or as a result of the update bricking your car it was "Taken" to a Tesla service center and the above was them identifying the Ingenext module as the cause of the bricking?
Car was in auto body shop for repairs and the shop update the firmware to 2024.2.2.1 and the car bricked and they sent to tesla service centre to find out what was the issue and the issue was because of the ingnext module plug in the computer causing it to brick while updating.