Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then you need to subtract the cars that don't have the "Enhanced Autopilot" option. I assume that they won't be among the 1000 cars getting the AP2 features in the update.

No, they need to include some non-EAP cars as well to make sure it works on them as well. Though I suppose that they could do that field testing later and roll the update out to them later more in line with the 8.1 update for AP HW1 cars.

I seem to recall that by the end of 2016, the statement by Tesla was that AP2 would be at least as feature-rich as AP1.

I don't think they ever said that. They said that they expected it to "complete validation and be rolled out" in December 2016.

The blog post says: "Teslas with new hardware will temporarily lack certain features currently available on Teslas with first-generation Autopilot hardware, including some standard safety features such as automatic emergency braking, collision warning, lane holding and active cruise control. As these features are robustly validated we will enable them over the air, together with a rapidly expanding set of entirely new features."

So they are saying that the features may not all come out at the same time. Again, they never made any promise of when it would reach or surpass the AP1 functionality level.

Got it, here are screens:

IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1877.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG
IMG_1881.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1884.JPG

Got it as well. Notification came at 10:06pm. Didn't see it until 10:44pm and took two tries to install (not sure why... same thing happened to me on 2.50.180).

Version is still 8.0 with build number 2.50.185.

Edit: oops, fixed build numbers

Last edited: