Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, so I am due for renewal on my 3 year old car. What quotes have folks been getting lately? Sig S 85. Best comprehensive that I have seen so far with $1450 excess has been $2394 with AAMI. Tesla insurance this year is fractionally cheaper but without the same benefits.

I noticed that InsureMyTesla was underwritten by QBE, and when I got a quote from QBE it was cheaper than InsureMyTesla.
I also got agreed value rather than market value, which is much better (higher payout if totaled/stolen).
Annual was $1,953.71 for a 2016 S75D for agreed value of $128,000.00 with excess $3100.

I always take a big excess, because I get insurance to protect against major financial pain, not a few grand.

I noticed that InsureMyTesla was underwritten by QBE, and when I got a quote from QBE it was cheaper than InsureMyTesla.
I also got agreed value rather than market value, which is much better (higher payout if totaled/stolen).
Annual was $1,953.71 for a 2016 S75D for agreed value of $128,000.00 with excess $3100.

I always take a big excess, because I get insurance to protect against major financial pain, not a few grand.
You are right, a lot cheaper than all the others. However maximum agreed value was 102900. Much lower than the others. Will now need to think about this. Premium was under 2k, $650 excess.

You are right, a lot cheaper than all the others. However maximum agreed value was 102900. Much lower than the others. Will now need to think about this. Premium was under 2k, $650 excess.
That's a good price with such a low excess.
I could have dropped the premium by choosing a lower agreed value, but it was only about $100 less for about $10,000 less agreed value.
Mind you, the odds of totaling the car are pretty low.

Had another look at my NRMA renewal, $1650 on my 2014 delivered S85, agreed value $156k, $1000 excess. Garaged in Sydney metro area, no drivers under 6 years experience and I'm over 50. It's gone up by $600 since 2014 - my first premium was $1050.

Just renewed my NRMA comprehensive insurance on my 2014 Model S 85, garaged in Potts Point agreed value still $153,000 what I paid for it. Premium $1,442.10 at $2000 excess.
I have 9 long term policies with the NRMA including contiguous comprehensive on my car since 1986.
I used to work for NRMA and they were just introducing multi policy and years of insurance premium factors. It seems now they can have a significant impact on the premium.
I'm often told I'm mad to not shop around but when I check I generally find the renewal to be at least competitive if not always the cheapest.