Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, this is so cool. I just downloaded Google Assistant on my iPad at 30,000’ and got it working right away.

I notice that sometimes GA will drop the connection with EV quickly after a single request and sometime it will ask if there is anything else I want to ask - that allows me to just append another quick request - all very slick!

got it working on my new Oneplus 5T after a bit of fiddling around - so cool - thankyou @Gol4 for your work.

But it only works on the first Tesla on my account, is there any way to specifiy which car to command if you have more than one Tesla vehicle on your Tesla account?

The Google Assistant/EV Car interface worked fine Friday night continuing the conversation until I ended it.

However, Saturday morning when I asked EV car to set the climate at 66 degrees the response was "only the driver and passenger temperature can be set" and then my car ended the conversation. We've been knocking around the idea of naming our car and this made selecting her name easy. We've named her Lil' Miss Attitude.

Google Home (Smart Speaker):
  • Say "Talk to EV Car".

Thanks for this. I got one for xmas and I was really impressed with how well it works -- not only with my car but also with Chromecast for watching Netflix. It's so much easier saying "Hey Google watch Prison Break on Netflix" then it goes right to where I left off. When I'm done I say "HG turn off tv" and it actually shuts down my TV, I guess through HDMI? Pretty impressive. I just talk to it to warm up my car, or to increase the charge before I leave so I don't keep it sitting with a high rate of charge. It's funny how Google says "Okay I will get EV car" then a different female voice comes up asking what she can do for you. I would think they could skip that step but it did impress my wife and kids. I just ordered a couple more for my office and cabin. Google assistant works good too for EV car but I like not having to even pick up my phone.

That's what I say too, then it dings, and you're back to the first lady's voice.

I am loving this too. Many thanks @Gol4

However several of the commmands just return "OK" which doesnt provide any confirmation which command was actually executed - ie if Google mis-hears you, something entirely unexpected might have been commanded to the car.

In my case somehow - and I dont know how - the car managed to set its charge level to 50% from its usual 80% which presented a bit of a problem the following day.

so as a suggestion could eg "Warm up car" return "car is warming up" etc instead og just "OK".
thanks.

That would be terrific and very much appreciated.
I was using your Alexa app before Alexa was available in Canada and my Amazon account was link to US. Now that my Amazon account is linked to Canada I can no longer Access your Alexa skill. Is it possible to make it available on Amazon Alexa skills for Canada?

The is specific to Alexa - Amazon approved the new version of the skill last week that adds support for Canada. Please try it out and let me know if you see any issues.

I am loving this too. Many thanks @Gol4

However several of the commmands just return "OK" which doesnt provide any confirmation which command was actually executed - ie if Google mis-hears you, something entirely unexpected might have been commanded to the car.

In my case somehow - and I dont know how - the car managed to set its charge level to 50% from its usual 80% which presented a bit of a problem the following day.

so as a suggestion could eg "Warm up car" return "car is warming up" etc instead og just "OK".
thanks.

FYI these changes are in the works.

• Love
Reactions: thegruf and Duffer