Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior camera & steering wheel nag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Internal camera monitoring first reported as appearing in 4.15.11 which is not a public version - unfortunately no feed back and no indication if 15.11 is the only version with it so far. I certainly did not get the same release note on 4.15.12

There is certainly hope, it will require type approval and likely be limited to motorways up to a certain speed to begin with. But eventually in some circumstances the need to hold onto the wheel will go.

Some news articles have suggested the end of this year, but I suspect it'll be a bit longer than that.

This is certainly how things are headed.

It would make sense to keep the radar as back up surely, I get machine learning and vision is coming on in leaps and bounds but there are numerous circumstances where it’s never going to work perfectly. I am not the biggest fan of the “Well it’s still better than a human” argument either. Redundancy is a feature, not a bug!

Reactions: jeremymc7
It would make sense to keep the radar as back up surely, I get machine learning and vision is coming on in leaps and bounds but there are numerous circumstances where it’s never going to work perfectly. I am not the biggest fan of the “Well it’s still better than a human” argument either. Redundancy is a feature, not a bug!
Nope. Musk says Radar is going.

Maybe that’s what causes phantom braking?