Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior design finalized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scuttlebutt is that the differences between the non-Sig and Sig interiors will be very noticeable, but I haven't spoken with anyone who's actually seen them both firsthand.

If there is a huge difference in interiors, that could justify some of the difference between S and P models, but for me it will have to be significant. I'd have to look at the P interior and then look at the S interior and say "wow!". Just adding some leather on the door panels doesn't make up for the price difference and larger deposit on the face of it. I hope Tesla blows me away with the interior because at this point it seems like that's all they've got to really impress the disgruntled faction of S reservation holders.

I would think even the non-Perf version can corner quite nicely, presumably about the same as the performance version, and thus the option for the better seats with better lateral support would be a universally desirable thing.

Well, if you were planning on buying an 85kWh pack anyway, then we're talking $10k extra for the privilege. Plus you get some $6,500 worth of options for only $5k!

Now we know why they're requiring the leather upgrade package. In a way it's free!

I would think even the non-Perf version can corner quite nicely, presumably about the same as the performance version, and thus the option for the better seats with better lateral support would be a universally desirable thing.

I think the performance version's 21" wheels/high-performance tires and air suspension will make a noticeable improvement in handling. Whether that improvement is directly correlateable to a need to seats with side bolsters is, of course, arguable, but BMW's been doing it that way for years. What Tesla doesn't do, at least yet, is offer the sport seats as a separable option. Given this is Tesla's first assembly line ever, I'm willing to forgo some customization.

The Model S will have Microfiber or the Nappa Leather, with synthetics on the door panels and dash.
The Signature cars will have perforated leather with real leather on the door panels and dash.
\

Thanks!....

...and Aaaaargh. I need to know what synthetics they're using on the door panels and dash. If it's polyester or acrylic (which I'm allergic to), then that might well cause me to keep my Signature, as it saves me an awful lot of custom recarpeting. (I'll probably have to do something about covering replacing the floor carpet anyway, but redoing the dash and door panels is a lot of additional work.)

If it's nylon, why then I'm happy with a Standard....

... I really hope we can get more details. I need *details* here!

EDIT: I prefer something closer to bench seats, and drive very sedately (though you should see my skills at driving on ice :) ), so definitely not getting Performance. I think Tesla made the right choice in making the 'sport seats' an option which comes with the 'sport package', as taste for the two things seems to go together.

I'm strongly, strongly, hoping the Signature interior has no polyester in it whatsoever, not even the carpet. That would make my day, what with my allergies. A higher grade of carpet and floormats would be a fine addition to the Signature interior anyway....

...I'm also possibly the only person I know who can avoid staining white leather, so if I stick with the Signature, I'll probably be the only person to get it. (I can make my friends avoid staining it too, if I police their clothing. ;-) )

Last edited: