Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory and "used" model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went in the Frisco TX gallery 12/19 looking for a Demo LR AWD. They had 3 listed and another 3 Performance M3s all with $1-1.5k ‘adjustments’. Picked a blue one, took 10 min to convince the wife to be ok with the white seats and as I was being helped on booking it the entire website being used to list the cars went blank. I heard stories about others having missed their demo pick by 7 minutes. I was encouraged to place an order for a new one as Tesla was still offering a year end delivery. Picked a black on black LR AWD with Aero wheels and Auto Pilot. Arranged for down payment and loan by 12/21. Scheduled for a delivery 12/28. Fingers crossed!

It’s non-negotiable so you don’t ask. They offer if one is in inventory. Generally, $1-5k discount dependant on mileage. Trick is finding one available and that can be ready by end of the year.

Thx. 5k discount+7,5K credit on a base MR M3 might be worth it for me to give up on a CPO S. But it looks like a crap shoot.

To clarify, the larger discounts are off of the P version. You’ll be lucky to get $1k off of a LR demo. Haven’t heard of many AWD or MR demos being available.
]

at 1K discount I wouldn't touch it. e.g I saw tons of road rash on the rims and they said it was typical with people gunning it during test drives.

Unless there a good aftermarket fix for the rims? I'm interested in that for a CPO S regardless

Thanks.. I will need to look up what a "limited edition" is for the Mid range. Trying to immerse myself in tesla atm.
it's because elon tweeted this the day before the limited edition mid range was released.

J4ZC7uu.jpg

and when you ordered, that pic came up on your screen. so essentially the mid range is a limited edition. maybe it will stay, maybe not. people are speculating that the LR RWD is gone forever, who knows at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
It’s non-negotiable so you don’t ask. They offer if one is in inventory. Generally, $1-5k discount dependant on mileage. Trick is finding one available and that can be ready by end of the year.

I was told that because of Model 3 demand, pricing on used demo units was really expensive. Like $1 off per mile the car was used. And they found a demo unit in North Texas with just that pricing. I actually tried to buy the demo Performance that they had at the gallery in The Woodlands.

At that discount, and since they are still matching inventory, it makes sense to go with a new one. I don't want a car others have beat on for that trivial of a discount. I mean, it's money, but it's not worth it at only $1,500 for a car with 1,500 miles on it.

I went in the Frisco TX gallery 12/19 looking for a Demo LR AWD. They had 3 listed and another 3 Performance M3s all with $1-1.5k ‘adjustments’. Picked a blue one, took 10 min to convince the wife to be ok with the white seats and as I was being helped on booking it the entire website being used to list the cars went blank. I heard stories about others having missed their demo pick by 7 minutes. I was encouraged to place an order for a new one as Tesla was still offering a year end delivery. Picked a black on black LR AWD with Aero wheels and Auto Pilot. Arranged for down payment and loan by 12/21. Scheduled for a delivery 12/28. Fingers crossed!

I think the blue / white one in Frisco was the one I was quoted on.

I was told that because of Model 3 demand, pricing on used demo units was really expensive. Like $1 off per mile the car was used. And they found a demo unit in North Texas with just that pricing. I actually tried to buy the demo Performance that they had at the gallery in The Woodlands.

At that discount, and since they are still matching inventory, it makes sense to go with a new one. I don't want a car others have beat on for that trivial of a discount. I mean, it's money, but it's not worth it at only $1,500 for a car with 1,500 miles on it.
Agreed!