Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory and "used" model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well for Model S and X,yes, I've seen lots of Inventory cars drop exactly $2k today.

Too bad there isn't a way to track demo/inventory M3.

BTW Love your site. I wish tesla gave referral credits for CPO. Do you think CPO pricing will change by around 2K as well soon (nothing yet on the ones I'm tracking?

BTW Love your site.

Thanks!

BTW Love your site. I wish tesla gave referral credits for CPO.

You and me both, my friend. You and me both!

Do you think CPO pricing will change by around 2K as well soon (nothing yet on the ones I'm tracking?

I don't think Used/CPO prices will drop due to the tax credit phasing out. But I did just notice about 100 inventory cars drop in price by $2000.

when are you adding the model 3 to the site? @EV-CPO

@vickh answered best as to why we can't:

Too bad there isn't a way to track demo/inventory M3.

Not yet, but soon according to my contacts. How soon? Who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I don't understand why there are no used 3s on sale. I traded in my RWD for a P3D, I am sure Tesla does not plan to hold on to the old car. There must be others who also upgraded.... Have not heard of anyone getting a 3 as loaner while their car is in service, although that would make more sense than having S /X as loaners.

Reactions: vickh
I don't understand why there are no used 3s on sale. I traded in my RWD for a P3D, I am sure Tesla does not plan to hold on to the old car. There must be others who also upgraded.... Have not heard of anyone getting a 3 as loaner while their car is in service, although that would make more sense than having S /X as loaners.
Good points
what did tesla give you for the trade? Did you come out ahead with the tax credit?

Nope.

The Monroney sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield of every new car sold in the United States and can only be removed by the consumer (Chapter 28, Sections 1231-1233, Title 15 of the United States Code)

does it matter that Tesla is not a dealer but manufacturer? I know it did in TX for the EV rebate. I still remember some BS dealer addons on the Monroney sticker from my last new car.

Then again they do everything different. including CPO :)

does it matter that Tesla is not a dealer but manufacturer? Then again they do everything different. including CPO :)

Nope.

The manufacturer is the one legally required to put the sticker on the car before it goes out. (and most, though not all, Tesla local locations ARE dealers because they otherwise can't legally sell the car- YMMV by state of course)

Federal law as cited previously) Every [URL='https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/uscode.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=15-USC-1969347631-855933766&term_occur=2&term_src=title:15:chapter:28:section:1232' said:
manufacturer[/URL] of new automobiles distributed in commerce shall, prior to the delivery of any new automobile to any dealer, or at or prior to the introduction date of new models delivered to a dealer prior to such introduction date, securely affix to the windshield, or side window of such automobile a label on which such manufacturer shall endorse clearly, distinctly and legibly true and correct entries disclosing the following information concerning such automobile

Further, dealer, as defined in Federal law for sticker purposes, is:

The term “dealer” shall mean any person resident or located in the United States or any Territory thereof or in the District of Columbia engaged in the sale or the distribution of new automobiles to the ultimate purchaser

So whoever is "distributing" the car to you in your state is a dealer for purposes of this law even if they don't have a state dealer license.