Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Music Auto Playing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I’d like to hear eveyone’s thoughts on this. My phone plays music in the car after any phone utilization. If I make a call, I get a short burst of music until I get back to the radio. If I use Siri, I get the same.

Now, here’s something I discovered today. All of this is only if I’m wearing my Apple Watch. No Apple Watch, no problem. Does anybody else have this correlation?
Apple Watch here and yes I’m certain it’s the Apple Watch causing it. Just wish I knew how and what to change.

Apple Watch here and yes I’m certain it’s the Apple Watch causing it. Just wish I knew how and what to change.
So this is now weird. I discovered this thing with the Apple Watch yesterday morning when I was not wearing my Apple Watch. Then, yesterday evening I wore my Apple Watch and could not trigger the problem. This had happened every single time I got in my car until yesterday. There were no software updates to either my car, watch or phone. I tested it again this morning and the issue is gone (for now).

I've been dealing with the same issue, it's super annoying because when I look at my apple watch it has the music playing screen on it. Well today, the ultimate happened, I was listening to the radio, decided to make a call through bluetooth and when they answered, my freakin phone started playing music outloud and they could hear it. Come on, this has to get fixed! It did not do this in my model x before v9

• Informative
Reactions: Raincloud
Same here. I like to listen to audiobooks on Audible when I work out. Of course Audible keeps your place when your done listening unless of course unbeknownst to you it’s playing in the background while your driving all the time!!
Every time I start my workout I spend 5 minutes trying to figure out where I left off.
Sorry I had to get that out.

• Funny
Reactions: caltechkid
I have done all of the above recommendations, and still have this issue. Plus, I've lost Bluetooth for phone calls even though I'm on the Tesla connection - I have to scramble and dig phone out of purse while driving to finally hear my conversation.

I have done all of the above recommendations, and still have this issue. Plus, I've lost Bluetooth for phone calls even though I'm on the Tesla connection - I have to scramble and dig phone out of purse while driving to finally hear my conversation.

Same here. I have found that if I switch to iPhone speaker, I can hear the person on the call and they still hear me through the car microphone. Just annoying that the audiobook/music starts playing on its own and is affecting the bluetooth connection. Has anyone heard anything from Tesla acknowledging the problem?

I think I solved the problem! Please try the steps listed and post if it worked.

iPhone X
Turn off "Perspective" on your wallpaper:
(Settings -> Wallpaper -> click on the lock screen image -> select "STILL" then "SET" in the bottom right.)
Power down the phone completely and restart.

To test if it worked.
Walk to your car with key fob in your pocket, wait till the car recognizes you, then open door while holding the phone with screen on in your hand. Please note if the Apple Music player appears.

I think I solved the problem! Please try the steps listed and post if it worked.

iPhone X
Turn off "Perspective" on your wallpaper:
(Settings -> Wallpaper -> click on the lock screen image -> select "STILL" then "SET" in the bottom right.)
Power down the phone completely and restart.

To test if it worked.
Walk to your car with key fob in your pocket, wait till the car recognizes you, then open door while holding the phone with screen on in your hand. Please note if the Apple Music player appears.
My iPhone has already been set to still lock screen wallpaper for a while now but the music still autoplays.

I think it’s a iOS 12 issue. besides this, 12 broke answering the phone on the car. When the car tries to answer the phone, a screen comes up on the phone asking me to select from a menu what speaker to send the sound to. Of course, the car can’t press the button. There are more things wrong with iOS 12 than I can begin to describe here.