Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it can be either of those because it needs at least 8 characters.
Had this saved in 1password under IRO dash cam
5AAE2242-AA89-4B21-B474-E78B75721DD1.jpeg

I just received an IRO dashcam for my AP1 Model S. I was able to get it installed without issue, but I've been having issues with the app. The only one I can get to work is Youmera, but it doesn't appear to have any way of changing the settings for the camera. For example, the camera talks to me in a foreign language, and I'm assuming I can change it to English. Also, it makes a new recording every minute, which I'd like to change.

What app is everyone using these days and are these settings configurable?

I just received an IRO dashcam for my AP1 Model S. I was able to get it installed without issue, but I've been having issues with the app. The only one I can get to work is Youmera, but it doesn't appear to have any way of changing the settings for the camera. For example, the camera talks to me in a foreign language, and I'm assuming I can change it to English. Also, it makes a new recording every minute, which I'd like to change.

What app is everyone using these days and are these settings configurable?
I’m using Lucky Cam on iOS now...
‎LuckyCam

Just wanted to confirm the IRO dashcam will NOT record at all without a Micro Sd card inserted? I just bought a used one and was disappointed they removed the sd card. So I am only getting error messages saying card removed ignore request. I believe this dash cam doesn’t have internal memory and needs an sd card to work. Can someone please confirm?

Just wanted to confirm the IRO dashcam will NOT record at all without a Micro Sd card inserted? I just bought a used one and was disappointed they removed the sd card. So I am only getting error messages saying card removed ignore request. I believe this dash cam doesn’t have internal memory and needs an sd card to work. Can someone please confirm?
It doesn't record without an SD card. Just buy a new one. I am using a 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance card.

Reactions: tesluv108
the in-built car dashcam also tends to not record accidents. There are a lot of reports online and I know many cases (people often contact me trying to recover accident footage that was not saved by the dashcam). Typical theory is something (usb drive is common, but could be in-car cables too) wiggles and loses power durign a violent impact. Standalone dashcam on the other hand would still record even if you had a horrific accident that smashed 12V battery in the car (happens from time to time) in which case there's no video in both the in-car dashcam and also no internal report to be sent to Tesla (something people in EU and California can take advantage of if the dashcam did not record otherwise)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
The other dash cam I linked just needs a power connection. It seems pretty straightforward to me.....
"just a power connection" meaning you need to get power somewhere in the car, and then try to route wires in invisible way (esp. annoying on a model X of course where you have huge windshield so headliner is far away_
This unit just plugs behind the rear view mirror instead of the current cap there. Plugs into rear view mirror wiring for power.