Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS now using EPA definition of SUV [02.03.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s complete lineup of Model Y trim levels now qualifies for electric vehicle tax credits through the Inflation Reduction Act, as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has increased the applicable MSRP limit to $80,000 across each of the all-electric crossover’s configurations.

Revised IRS list
Lots of discussion on this already. See:

Last edited:
It's a pretty late call by the Federal Refs, but honestly it's better than the silliness of counting vestigial 3rd row seats and fractions of an inch of ride height to exclude or include various cars that are otherwise dead nuts on the same market, same use case. This is more... uniform even if I personally agree with putting the money towards entry-price models vs subsidizing $80k soccer mom mobiles.

I would be surprised if they haven't raised by at LEAST $500 by Monday. I would expect them to raise $500 every few weeks and monitor the order backlog to feel the 'REAL' market price

Back in December, they were FLYING OFF the shelves around 58k for base. So i would expect increase to 56k to 58k within months (barring recession)
well....price increases came sooner than your prediction 😢

1675480964737.png

Reactions: WyoDude