Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS raises maximum eligible price limit to $80k for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question - will post elsewhere if needed.

Wondering if anyone who switched from MYLR to MYP today (3-FEB) has seen the updated car model reflected in the app yet? The backend seems to update immediately (i.e. logging into Tesla via web browser displays all the updated order information correctly), but app lags behind a little bit I guess. For reference, we switched around 5:00pm ET.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question - will post elsewhere if needed.

Wondering if anyone who switched from MYLR to MYP today (3-FEB) has seen the updated car model reflected in the app yet? The backend seems to update immediately (i.e. logging into Tesla via web browser displays all the updated order information correctly), but app lags behind a little bit I guess. For reference, we switched around 5:00pm ET.
Yeah, it took my app a few hours to change the picture. But the payment part changed almost immediately.

Reactions: sdq_11

I ordered lr on 1/18 and had edd of 2/18-3/18. Today I switched my order to the performance model. The app updated itself to performance model after 1 hour including the picture of the performance model. Edd is still the same. I do expect there will be some slip on the Edd. Just my opinion.

I think they made $55k limit in Jan then moved to $80K limit. Not sure there will be another change within a month? especially making Tesla buying disadvantageous by bringing down the purchase price limit from $80K.
The $80K limit is probably here to stay, the issue is how the car qualifies for the $7500 credit, which depends on building and sourcing materials for the battery. Will Tesla have a $7500 credit, $3750, or $0 credit based upon what our lawmakers say?

Proof you can’t please anyone for trying.

People were pissed when the prices dropped in one big jump. Now they’re pissed they’re creeping back up. 🤣

We just got pass through on a couple models of the BMW line up. iX 50e which in no uncertain terms has zero business qualifying imho, as well as the newly introduced volume model i4 35e (This one, I think should receive it)

Reactions: Spinkick