Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is a pending update causing greyed out of option to opt in for FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I subscribed to FSD today, and basically simultaneously I was pushed the 2023.20.4.1. I didn't install it (currently on 2023.12.5), but wondering if the fact it's pending is blocking me from flipping the switch to opt in for the FSD beta? If so, am I just SOL since I thin this pushes me too updated for FSD beta or does anybody have any suggestions on other options?

Thanks!

Have either of you tried installing 2023.20.4.1? Apparently it should include FSD Beta functionality:

People were similarly wary of installing 2023.12.11 because various sites like TeslaFi didn't show the red beta version number, but people installed it anyway like in FSD 2023.12.10 to 2023.12.11 ? So now websites are correcting the error to indicate these versions are actually FSD Beta.

Although, this version has been available for 10 days now, and I haven't seen a confirmed report of people newly being able to use FSD Beta. But then again, this population should be of new subscriptions or purchases that some reason can't get 2023.12.11.

2023.20.4.1 is currently pending for me, but I haven’t installed it. I was going to wait a little bit in case there was a way to get 2023.12.10/11, but if nothing works then I’ll go ahead and install 2023.20.4.1, maybe in a few days or so

I subscribed to FSD today, and basically simultaneously I was pushed the 2023.20.4.1. I didn't install it (currently on 2023.12.5), but wondering if the fact it's pending is blocking me from flipping the switch to opt in for the FSD beta? If so, am I just SOL since I thin this pushes me too updated for FSD beta or does anybody have any suggestions on other options?

Thanks!
Did you install it to see what happens and if you can toggle FSD on?

Thanks!
2023.12.5 doesnt have FSD, 2023.12.10 and 2023.12.11 have FSD so a software update is needed.

Am I the only one who feels they are being completely ripped off by Tesla regarding this? They took my $200 for something they cannot provide. I just went to the service center where they told me the newer cars don't have the FSD code yet and not sure when they will. They also tried to claim Enhanced autopilot is Full self driving. This is my 3rd Tesla and probably my last.

Am I the only one who feels they are being completely ripped off by Tesla regarding this? They took my $200 for something they cannot provide. I just went to the service center where they told me the newer cars don't have the FSD code yet and not sure when they will. They also tried to claim Enhanced autopilot is Full self driving. This is my 3rd Tesla and probably my last.
I agree, but as others have said all they promise is traffic light/stop sign control and thats it along with EAP/AP, not FSDb. If your software has the FSDb code in it (2023.12.10+), then you can toggle FSDb on. What version are you running?

im waiting on 203
What software version are you on? If you’re on 2023.12.10 or higher you should be able to toggle it on (if on a higher version try tapping it and see).
im on 2023.12.5, and was hoping to get 2023.12.10, but so far I’m only been pushed 2023.20.4.1

Seems like 2023.20.4.1 does not allow it to be toggled either according to this guys post

Reactions: heapmaster
You didn’t Buy FSDb. As it’s not a sold item. You request participation in the beta it has Nothing to do with FSD rental or purchase. So you weren’t ripped off you simply didn’t research What you were buying.

Reactions: JB47394
You didn’t Buy FSDb. As it’s not a sold item. You request participation in the beta it has Nothing to do with FSD rental or purchase. So you weren’t ripped off you simply didn’t research What you were buying.
Glad you think so. But I'm getting EAP, not FSD when the subscription said FSD. If you already own EAP, FSD subscription is only $100. Tesla could be a lot more forthcoming in when you subscribe, that you are not getting the beta and therefor no FSD. I've owned 3 tesla's now, not a fanboy who thinks they can do no wrong. They are deceiving many consumers, as noted by the number of posts here about it.

Glad you think so. But I'm getting EAP, not FSD when the subscription said FSD. If you already own EAP, FSD subscription is only $100. Tesla could be a lot more forthcoming in when you subscribe, that you are not getting the beta and therefor no FSD. I've owned 3 tesla's now, not a fanboy who thinks they can do no wrong. They are deceiving many consumers, as noted by the number of posts here about it.
You can't subscribe to or buy FSD Beta, only for FSD. It's pretty clearly stated and if you were confused there's no less than 1 000 post here describing what you get when you buy/subscribe to FSD.

Reactions: cgell and Yelobird
im waiting on 203

im on 2023.12.5, and was hoping to get 2023.12.10, but so far I’m only been pushed 2023.20.4.1

Seems like 2023.20.4.1 does not allow it to be toggled either according to this guys post

Odd, Greentheonly seems to think its included in 2023.20.4.1. Same here, on 2023.12.9 and cars complaining about installing 2023.20.4.1

I’m following a Reddit thread with the same issue, and OP was able to get 2023.12.10 pushed manually by making a service request in the app. Worth a shot.