Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the recall over? Should I assume 11.3.15 is going to first time FSDb cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed on TeslaFi that some newly purchased cars without FSDb have been upgraded to FSDb, that is 11.3.5

Is it reasonable to infer from this that the recall has concluded and that Elon Musk's statement, "FSDb is available to anyone who requests it," is being fulfilled?

Attachments

• IMG_3179.png
    IMG_3179.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 97
Assuming the data on TeslaFi is correct, then yes, it appears FDSb v11 is going to cars that didn't previously have FSDb.

I noticed that one of the cars that received 11.3.3 (2022.45.12) previously had 2023.6.8 installed according to TeslaFi, which shouldn't have been possible, so the previous build data might be incorrect in some cases.

Reactions: E90alex
Here is text from the update. Sure looks like 11.3.x is intended to address the recall.

In accordance with a recent recall (campaign #23V085 for US and #2023-063 for Canada), Tesla is making improvements to the following specific behaviors within FSD Beta:

1. Improved decision logic to proceed through or stop at certain yellow lights by modeling the decision as a tradeoff framework that considers estimated: deceleration required to stop, time to enter and exit the intersection, and the distance traversed across the intersection before the light transitions to red. This should make yellow light handling more natural and human-like.

2. Improved the longitudinal slowdown control profile when leading up to stop sign intersections to make the overall maneuver feel more perceptible and natural.

3. Improved the Tesla's speed adjustment when entering certain speed zones by allowing for earlier control for detected speed limit signs. The assertiveness of the response when slowing down for detected speed limit signs is determined by the current speed and its difference to the speed indicated by the detected sign. Added a visual glow behind the speed limit icon on the user-interface to alert the driver when the vehicle's set speed exceeds the detected speed limit by more than 50%. Finally, the option for an absolute Speed Limit offset in FSD Beta was removed; only the percent-based offset will be available.

4. Updated the behavior for certain scenarios where the Tesla may maneuver from a turn lane to continue traveling straight. These maneuvers will now be treated as a lane change, where the turn indicator is used to alert other drivers of the Tesla's intent.

As a reminder, the driver is responsible for vehicle operation even when FSD Beta is engaged. You must constantly supervise the road, keep your hands on the wheel and be ready to intervene to maintain safety

There seems to be a discrepancy:

According to TeslaFi, around 5500 registered cars have some form of FSDb, with about 4000 of them currently on version 11.1.x and the remaining 1500 on older FSDb versions.

The issue is that recall rules require all older FSDb cars to be upgraded to the fixed version (let's assume that's 11.1.x) before expanding the FSDb to non-FSDb cars.

However, I have observed at least two cars on TeslaFi that did not have FSDb until yesterday and have now received it. In fact, one person bragged about it on Reddit.

If Tesla is indeed violating the recall rules, it is irresponsible and regulators may suspend FSDb again since Tesla has demonstrated that it cannot comply with simple rules.

There seems to be a discrepancy:

According to TeslaFi, around 5500 registered cars have some form of FSDb, with about 4000 of them currently on version 11.1.x and the remaining 1500 on older FSDb versions.

The issue is that recall rules require all older FSDb cars to be upgraded to the fixed version (let's assume that's 11.1.x) before expanding the FSDb to non-FSDb cars.

However, I have observed at least two cars on TeslaFi that did not have FSDb until yesterday and have now received it. In fact, one person bragged about it on Reddit.

If Tesla is indeed violating the recall rules, it is irresponsible and regulators may suspend FSDb again since Tesla has demonstrated that it cannot comply with simple rules.
They are rolling it out. Were you expecting all cars updated the same day? Give it Time, all will receive it and nothing to be panicked about.

Reactions: nvx1977
They are rolling it out. Were you expecting all cars updated the same day? Give it Time, all will receive it and nothing to be panicked about.
They are rolling it out. Were you expecting all cars updated the same day? Give it Time, all will receive it and nothing to be panicked about
My car was upgraded from 10.69.25.2 to 11.3.4 yesterday evening. Today, I checked the NHTSA recall web site and the recalls no longer show up as being outstanding.

So, this update is satisfying the recalls.
Great news to hear the recall is officially out.

Assuming the data on TeslaFi is correct, then yes, it appears FDSb v11 is going to cars that didn't previously have FSDb.

I noticed that one of the cars that received 11.3.3 (2022.45.12) previously had 2023.6.8 installed according to TeslaFi, which shouldn't have been possible, so the previous build data might be incorrect in some cases.
There's always 1 or 2 cars for every update that are able to "go back", but they are special cases.

I don't think FSD Beta will "available to all" until they update the code.

I got the recall letter and tried to update as instructed, but my car claims to be up to date on 10.69.3.1 (2022.36.20). I still see both this and the window on the NHTSA list for my VIN
Make sure you're connected to WiFi, and then try rebooting the car. If that doesn't work, open a ticket with service and have them check for you, or re-apply your current firmware, which can cause it to update after it's finished.

I got the recall letter and tried to update as instructed, but my car claims to be up to date on 10.69.3.1 (2022.36.20). I still see both this and the window on the NHTSA list for my VIN
Sounds like your software is "hung-up" since you are several versions behind (you even missed the Holiday update). Likely you will need to reinstall the current software version from the Service Menu and this will clear it up. If not comfortable using the Service menu open a Service ticket and the Service Center will do it remotely for you. Once reinstalled you will receive a Notification of an update (22.45.15/11.3.6). It will prompt you to connect to WiFi to download but being this late it may just download over cell since it is a NHTSA recall.