Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It looks like I have LTE enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder why this bugs me... My 70D was made between May 12th and May 15th and it does not appear to have an LTE cell radio. Yesterday Nautilus turned one month since delivery so it is still "new" to me, but with this change it feels old.
Tesla makes about 20 changes a week. You benefited from the changes the week yours was built but miss all subsequent changes.
Enjoy your car. It's wonderful now and will be far into the future. It's more advanced than anything else that will be on the road for years to come.

I still wonder what the SD card is used to store...
My car fell off the cellular network for a couple of days (3G). No Slacker, no web, but the GPS map tiles continued to load as I roamed around town.

When I called the service guys to see if there was something I could do, the conversation touched on cached information and the inference I took was that the SD card is being used as a cheap solid state drive for swap/cache space. That was NOT stated explicitly to me, it's just what I inferred, so my comment shouldn't be used to start anything! :eek:

Wonder why this bugs me... My 70D was made between May 12th and May 15th and it does not appear to have an LTE cell radio. Yesterday Nautilus turned one month since delivery so it is still "new" to me, but with this change it feels old.

If it makes you feel better, I missed it by two days. I knew I should have held off ordering!

Honestly, if there was just a way to change the indicator from 3g to LTE, I would be happy. I am ridiculous like that.

Same here Dakkor. I don't believe there has been an LTE connection reported in Canada yet ??? Thread is 34 pages now lol it seemed to me that mine was built a couple of days on the LTE side so I hold out hope for the possibility that our radios are LTE. Might have to visit the US to see what happens :cool:

just picked up my car at the factory the other day. I have LTE. I was told it is luck of the draw at this point. They didn't intend to launch it yet even though the hardware is in place. It was by accident that some vehicles have it turned on. If it is on, they are leaving it on. Not sure I believe that story. Just as likely we are beta testers for the LTE and wanted to limit the numbers early on. Either way it was a nice surprise.

just picked up my car at the factory the other day. I have LTE. I was told it is luck of the draw at this point. They didn't intend to launch it yet even though the hardware is in place. It was by accident that some vehicles have it turned on. If it is on, they are leaving it on. Not sure I believe that story. Just as likely we are beta testers for the LTE and wanted to limit the numbers early on. Either way it was a nice surprise.

Cool. That seems odd though as all of us taking recent delivery seem to have it, built in June+ for sure. I have it but I mean it doesn't seem to perform much faster than the 3G versions I test drove - still tiny bit of buffer time to time, maps kind of draw in slow, but overall everything is more than reasonably fast. Hard to tell. Could come in handy for future improvements or just having an additional option for better coverage in some areas...

My car fell off the cellular network for a couple of days (3G). No Slacker, no web, but the GPS map tiles continued to load as I roamed around town.

When I called the service guys to see if there was something I could do, the conversation touched on cached information and the inference I took was that the SD card is being used as a cheap solid state drive for swap/cache space. That was NOT stated explicitly to me, it's just what I inferred, so my comment shouldn't be used to start anything! :eek:

That's a very expensive solution for storage. A flash capsule on the board is much much cheaper...

Cool. That seems odd though as all of us taking recent delivery seem to have it, built in June+ for sure. I have it but I mean it doesn't seem to perform much faster than the 3G versions I test drove - still tiny bit of buffer time to time, maps kind of draw in slow, but overall everything is more than reasonably fast. Hard to tell. Could come in handy for future improvements or just having an additional option for better coverage in some areas...

The difference between native 3G and LTE is very noticeable, in my opinion. As I mentioned upthread, though, the bigger win for me was the coverage. Map tiles and songs load more quickly (probably about 1.5-2x the speed), but where I experienced dead spots before, I no longer have them.

The difference between native 3G and LTE is very noticeable, in my opinion. As I mentioned upthread, though, the bigger win for me was the coverage. Map tiles and songs load more quickly (probably about 1.5-2x the speed), but where I experienced dead spots before, I no longer have them.

So, are you going to keep on teasing or reveal how you have "native LTE" in Model S VIN S1049?

:)