Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Its been over 7 days since the FSD button appeared. Has anyone gotten FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source?

That does not say the order is based on score. It said if your score is good enough, you will get the beta (not "early access"). This indicates a singular score where everyone above it gets it, and nobody below does.

...But now it's 1K people per week. It's almost like things Elon literally says don't matter, because there's always a newer tweet coming that explains what he "really" meant after he "literally" said something.
Have you not seen this one? Says they will start with 100/100 and work down. And in a previous tweet says 1000/day. I’m sure it won’t go according to plan as usual, but this is the source.

Curious where you’re getting your 1k/week number?

Reactions: Microterf
Source?

That does not say the order is based on score. It said if your score is good enough, you will get the beta (not "early access"). This indicates a singular score where everyone above it gets it, and nobody below does.

...But now it's 1K people per week. It's almost like things Elon literally says don't matter, because there's always a newer tweet coming that explains what he "really" meant after he "literally" said something.
Screenshot_20211005-001027_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: momo3605
Have you not seen this one? Says they will start with 100/100 and work down. And in a previous tweet says 1000/day. I’m sure it won’t go according to plan as usual, but this is the source.
I had not seen that.
Point stands, two weeks ago it was a single threshold. 11 days later, it's some sort of staggered roll out. There is no information here. Only what actually happens will be what happens. What has been said to this point is not to be trusted. There's always the possibility of a new tweet tomorrow, and I am 100% calling it that there will be people with a 100% score that don't get the beta while there are people with 99% scores that do.

...I am 100% calling it that there will be people with a 100% score that don't get the beta while there are people with 99% scores that do.
Would that be in contravention of anything that has been promised? FSD beta is a beta. That generally means that it is for testing purposes so that the software maker can derive useful information.

It would make total sense for people with good (but possibly not 100%) scores, who drive in diverse scenarios, to be preferred beta tester candidates over some others who are able to achieve consistent 100% scores based on drives that do little or nothing to advance the state of FSD.

But I understand, it's fodder for argument. No matter how it's rolled out I am 100% calling it that there will be bitter complaints and triumphant I-told l-you-so posts, which BTW do nothing to advance FSD either.

Personally I'm hoping that the rollout will lead to a faster Improvement cycle and not lead to any serious mishaps, but I'm not very confident of either.

FSD beta is a beta. That generally means that it is for testing purposes so that the software maker can derive useful information.
Every single Autopilot feature since 2014 is still in beta. Auto wipers are still in beta. Tesla has completely vacuumed the meaning out of beta. Beta means nothing anymore.

who drive in diverse scenarios, to be preferred beta tester candidates over some others who are able to achieve consistent 100% scores based on drives that do little or nothing to advance the state of FSD.
Of course that makes sense. But the Technoking of Tesla didn't say this. He said this, which indicated a single threshold, where you WILL get it:

Beta button will request permission to assess driving behavior using Tesla insurance calculator. If driving behavior is good for 7 days, beta access will be granted.

eh. I am having fun with this game. I waited 2 years from placing my reservation to getting my Model 3. I have no issues with delayed gratification. I've been driving my car for 3.5 years any way I want and having fun with it. I'm not going to gripe about a WHOLE WEEK or two or three or however long of driving a bit more carefully for a score, which might just land me early in line for a really cool (albeit rough) feature.

Reactions: ahoen117 and EVNow
Let me go against the trend and defend the safety score. Tesla needs its beta testers to be very alert and careful to avoid crashes. If you get 100 on the safety score, that is evidence that you are able and willing to be very alert and careful. That makes you a good candidate.

If you stop being alert and careful you will loose your FSD « privilege « .

To me, alert and careful = safe driver. The details of the safety score calculation are irrelevant.

Let me go against the trend and defend the safety score. Tesla needs its beta testers to be very alert and careful to avoid crashes. If you get 100 on the safety score, that is evidence that you are able and willing to be very alert and careful. That makes you a good candidate.

To me, alert and careful = safe driver. The details of the safety score calculation are irrelevant.
Agreed. It's also an ingenious way to identify owners who really want the beta and are willing to adapt the way they drive for two full weeks in order to get it. This will weed out the people who don't know or care much about the beta and just pushed the button on a whim (i.e. they saw it in the release notes). And people who drove meticulously for two weeks just to get in the beta are likely going to be very careful to not lose it.

TLDR it's a good way to identify all the people in this forum 😆

• Funny
Reactions: brianman
Where on the order form did it say $10K for "FSD privilege, revoked at any time, NO REFUNDS"?
My order form said FULL SELF DRIVING CAPABILITY.

Even Elon isn't calling this anything besides FSD Beta, not some sort of crazy early release something or other. Where does the idea come from that getting what you paid for years ago is a privilege? How long is Tesla allowed to stay in "privilege" mode before moving to "Beta" mode like every single other AP feature is in?

Reactions: pilotSteve

I agree expect instead of 100 I would say near-100. There are legitimate reasons to not have 100 that don’t mean anything.

Every single Autopilot feature since 2014 is still in beta. Auto wipers are still in beta. Tesla has completely vacuumed the meaning out of beta. Beta means nothing anymore.
This is a fair point. But I think the City Streets feature is clearly and legitimately a work in progress by anyone's standard. And obviously they're working on it pretty hard, and they need data, edge cases and user feedback.

I grant you, however, that they are overly liberal with their use of the Beta status.
Of course that makes sense. But the Technoking of Tesla didn't say this. He said this, which indicated a single threshold, where you WILL get it:
Well I hope they do the right thing and that they use some judgment. The angriest customers, who have been waiting a long time after spending their FSD money, may not be the best picks as dutiful and responsible Beta testers.

Where on the order form did it say $10K for "FSD privilege, revoked at any time, NO REFUNDS"?
My order form said FULL SELF DRIVING CAPABILITY.

Even Elon isn't calling this anything besides FSD Beta, not some sort of crazy early release something or other. Where does the idea come from that getting what you paid for years ago is a privilege? How long is Tesla allowed to stay in "privilege" mode before moving to "Beta" mode like every single other AP feature is in?
Yes, of course that was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant “testing privileges”, not “FSD privileges”. We are all frustrated that the FSD we paid for does not exist and very likely never will

I can't believe all the people waiting in line to be a crash test dummy.......and waiting in line for something they already paid for. I didn't buy it because it's insanely overpriced, not available in canada and probably never will be but if I paid for it 3 yrs ago I would be pissed. The 10K should be for an actual available product not for teslas future R&D playtime. tesla should be using their own money for that and not spending it on all Elons toys

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
I read somewhere that it will base your eligibility off previous 7 days of driving? Does anyone know if this is true? Because I have 100 for previous 7 days but 99 overall since the start.. could be the difference between getting it day one or not