Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted a service request yesterday afternoon and the response was really quick ... Got my appointment (5/28) and got my invoice all within a couple of hours ... I included buying back my MCU1 CPU - $1000.00 extra.

So next week I can stop begging my wife to let me drive her Raven X and actually get the majority of the goodies she has had for a while.

I am so excited to start testing surface street autopilot!

I submitted a service request yesterday afternoon and the response was really quick ... Got my appointment (5/28) and got my invoice all within a couple of hours ... I included buying back my MCU1 CPU - $1000.00 extra.

So next week I can stop begging my wife to let me drive her Raven X and actually get the majority of the goodies she has had for a while.

I am so excited to start testing surface street autopilot!
Nice! I'm surprised they were able to accommodate you that quickly! Hopefully they actually have the parts! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: cuspie
Dropped it off yesterday at like 2. Picked it up today at 4ish with MCU2 and HW3. Only thing I’ve noticed different is orange cones on the display and one red light (even though I drove through a bunch of them). Navigate on autopilot doesn’t say beta anymore and auto lane change recommendations happen now in navigate on autopilot that didn’t used to happen. I drove about 10 miles.

I love how much more responsive and fast the computer is now. Even the voice command isn’t nearly as laggy.

Dropped it off yesterday at like 2. Picked it up today at 4ish with MCU2 and HW3. Only thing I’ve noticed different is orange cones on the display and one red light (even though I drove through a bunch of them). Navigate on autopilot doesn’t say beta anymore and auto lane change recommendations happen now in navigate on autopilot that didn’t used to happen. I drove about 10 miles.

I love how much more responsive and fast the computer is now. Even the voice command isn’t nearly as laggy.

Congrats, I have an mcu1 ap2 in Boston, appointment continues to get cancelled stating wait for email. Did you ever get an email?

Reactions: Hovscorpion1
Congrats, I have an mcu1 ap2 in Boston, appointment continues to get cancelled stating wait for email. Did you ever get an email?
Not sure which email you’re referring to? I got the appt confirmation email. I actually scheduled the appt to fix my rear latch but because I told them I wanted to upgrade to MCU2 last week, they added it to this service request. I got a message from the appt saying the estimate was 2800 bucks 2 days ago, I accepted, dropped off the car yesterday and they completed.

I have 2017 with AP2 and FSD purchased with the vehicle. I thought I'm eligible for AP3 upgrade free of charge. Is that accurate? Thanks for your help!
Hi I bought FSD and AutoPilot on my Model X and the hardware that came with is HW2.0. I recall Telsa and some threads here mentioning that those who bought FSD back in days will be automatically upgraded to HW3.0 (AP3) when available. I heard that HW3 is available now on Model X. But now Tesla is asking me for a fee to upgrade.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Your phone app or Tesla account would show you purchased FSD and will get a free (complimentary) upgrade. Below is what my phone app shows in the 'upgrades' area.

Below 'eligibility' via: Full Self-Driving Computer Installations
5YdkJDT.jpg

Tesla Phone app 'upgrades' area. Click on 'purchased' tab.

vq5lHVC.jpg

Your phone app or Tesla account would show you purchased FSD and will get a free (complimentary) upgrade. Below is what my phone app shows in the 'upgrades' area.

Below 'eligibility' via: Full Self-Driving Computer Installations
5YdkJDT.jpg

Tesla Phone app 'upgrades' area. Click on 'purchased' tab.

vq5lHVC.jpg

Scott and all, ya'll are awesome - thank you for your amazing help! I just checked my app and it says that I have exactly the same as your screenshot (Autopilot and Full Self-Driving). Basically I purchased FSD when this vehicle was ordered. I think my March 2017 MX is currently MCU1 with AP2. So would they upgrade to MCU2 and AP3 free of charge?

Scott and all, ya'll are awesome - thank you for your amazing help! I just checked my app and it says that I have exactly the same as your screenshot (Autopilot and Full Self-Driving). Basically I purchased FSD when this vehicle was ordered. I think my March 2017 MX is currently MCU1 with AP2. So would they upgrade to MCU2 and AP3 free of charge?

HW3 is free of charge. MCU2 is $2500.

Ya I'm not waiting for the email, just curious if this email is real. I've got cancelled a few times now. Was told to try again mid June...
I think trying again around now or at the beginning of June would be good. Seems like SCs all over are starting to do the upgrades.
There was definitely an email in the very beginning for a few people but I don't think they've continued to do it. If they have it's most likely for people who don't know theres the upgrade available.

Reactions: Technupe