Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May I ask when did the "trade in valuation" begin? I submitted info and pics morning of 3/11 and still waiting just curious how long the wait normally is for the valuation period.
I originally provided my trade-in info to Tesla in January shortly after placing my order. After two weeks of "evaluation" time, I gave up and switched to no trade.

With my VIN assigned and delivery date selected, I called Tesla to update my order to add self-arranged financing and reopen the trade-in option. After re-entering my VIN and waiting another three days with no value from Tesla, I called again and asked if the process could be sped up given my impending delivery date. The representative said he'd send an email to the trade-in team and within an hour of hanging up the phone, I had a value in my Tesla account.

It ended up being $1800 less than Carmax and even with the revised sales tax law in Illinois that gives full credit for trade-in value, it's definitely more advantageous for me to go with Carmax.

Long story short: if things are taking too long, call and gently complain. It worked wonders for me.

Reactions: Otter2007
That happened to me when my financing expired so it changed my date to August until I set it to Cash payment. Switched back the next day. Set your payment to Cash. Everyone on the forum says they will change it before delivery
It's true. Just call when your VIN gets assigned and tell them you want to reopen the financing options on your order. You'll then be able to select Tesla financing or self-arranged financing.

It ended up being $1800 less than Carmax and even with the revised sales tax law in Illinois that gives full credit for trade-in value, it's definitely more advantageous for me to go with Carmax.

Long story short: if things are taking too long, call and gently complain. It worked wonders for me.
What? I thought Illinois calculated tax prior to trade in. So no tax benifit for a trade in. Is this not true? Is tax calculated after trade in is deducted?

Right, we wanted to take a quick road trip to disney, if the car came in time.
Nice! I'm taking family to Universal in Orlando. We are driving from Indianapolis to Orlando on the 26th but were not going to take a Tesla. Too many charging stops. I haven't received any info about my MYP so I'm just going to assume I'll wait until April at this point. My EDD is still 3/26-3/31 but nobody has reached out to me at all, I don't have a VIN, and I'm working on getting out of town for vacation as my #1 priority right now.

Tesla called me on Thursday to let me know that my car had arrived and that my delivery, scheduled for Saturday at 1 p.m., could be moved to Friday. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and was able to take delivery today (Friday) at 6 p.m.

The delivery process was smooth and I spent about 35 minutes going through a checklist to make sure everything was functional prior to driving off. The build appears good with no misalignments or panel gap issues.

Unfortunately it was raining and gloomy today so not the best environment for taking photos but here are a few.

DF04CC8B-8DC6-4B30-BA04-734BE0B3DBA4.jpeg

12A978AC-8F01-49B0-89EB-3E61A856DE6C.jpeg
A4770079-96C4-45E7-9051-5F3AE64E5BF4.jpeg

Tesla called me on Thursday to let me know that my car had arrived and that my delivery, scheduled for Saturday at 1 p.m., could be moved to Friday. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and was able to take delivery today (Friday) at 6 p.m.

The delivery process was smooth and I spent about 35 minutes going through a checklist to make sure everything was functional prior to driving off. The build appears good with no misalignments or panel gap issues.

Unfortunately it was raining and gloomy today so not the best environment for taking photos but here are a few.

View attachment 782883
View attachment 782884View attachment 782885
Its looking great my friend even on a gloomy day. Is that the MYP? Im happy you got assigned a VIN. Im seeing my EDD stay June 18th for past 6 weeks so hopefully it locks down. I got MYLR 7 AWD seat blue color

Reactions: benhinc

View attachment 782883
View attachment 782884View attachment 782885
What factory built your Tesla?

Reactions: benhinc