Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have carrier direct selected? That happened to someone else with a 7 seater and once carrier direct was removed, they got a VIN.
I don’t, but Upon initial order it was set to default to Maplewood,MN, then SA reached out to ask if I wanted to deliver closer to home at a service center in Iowa, so I said yes. Then within 2-3 days is when the delay occurred. I asked if location of Iowa had anything to do with it and they claimed it didn’t. Seems suspicious.

Attachments

• 32ECACB6-219C-410F-BE67-40DEFD1724E0.png
    32ECACB6-219C-410F-BE67-40DEFD1724E0.png
    728.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Gary.F
Just got bumped back to Oct 1 - Nov 12. ☹️
Just happened to me, too, same window, changed from the Aug 7, 2 week window. Pretty frustrating, I was going to go ahead and set up the loan, glad I didn’t now. On the other hand, by October, I may have enough cash on hand to not get a loan. Trade in value on my Model S keeps dropping though as I pile up the miles on it. I recently sold our beater Subaru which was my snow commuter and now that may come back to bite me if the delivery keeps pushing back into winter time. All this delay just gives me more time to shop around other EV’s. I’m getting close to cutting bait.

@Gary.F I hear you on your frustrations. With my Model S, bought when Tesla was still kind of in start up stage, there was a 6 month lead time but I don’t recall any real changes in delivery times and I was updated when the car was in production, when it left the factory, etc. Tesla is definitely less interested in keeping the customer happy than back then.

Just happened to me, too, same window, changed from the Aug 7, 2 week window. Pretty frustrating, I was going to go ahead and set up the loan, glad I didn’t now. On the other hand, by October, I may have enough cash on hand to not get a loan. Trade in value on my Model S keeps dropping though as I pile up the miles on it. I recently sold our beater Subaru which was my snow commuter and now that may come back to bite me if the delivery keeps pushing back into winter time. All this delay just gives me more time to shop around other EV’s. I’m getting close to cutting bait.

@Gary.F I hear you on your frustrations. With my Model S, bought when Tesla was still kind of in start up stage, there was a 6 month lead time but I don’t recall any real changes in delivery times and I was updated when the car was in production, when it left the factory, etc. Tesla is definitely less interested in keeping the customer happy than back then.
I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely understand shopping around. We just got my wife a Kia Sorento PHEV, and it's pretty nice. I may consider test driving the EV6. Also makes me glad I got a NEMA 14-50 installed rather than a Wall Charger.

MYLR - Black/Black/5 seat/ no tow/ no fsd

OD - 1/9

Original EDD was July 2022, now EDD has been ALL over the place ranging from May to now September. Had my first two week window of July 25 - August 8th then on July 24th they moved it to August 26 - September 30th. Also got my trade in call on July 21st. Hoping it gets bumped at least to another two week window but honestly hate checking the app in fear it moves back. /:

MYLR - Black/Black/5 seat/ no tow/ no fsd

OD - 1/9

Original EDD was July 2022, now EDD has been ALL over the place ranging from May to now September. Had my first two week window of July 25 - August 8th then on July 24th they moved it to August 26 - September 30th. Also got my trade in call on July 21st. Hoping it gets bumped at least to another two week window but honestly hate checking the app in fear it moves back. /:
My OD was approximately a month later than yours with about the same specs, I'll be curious to see when you get your actual DD. Fingers crossed for us all these dates improve.

OD 2/17/22 MYLR Black on Black, 5 Seat, 20" Wheels, No/Tow, No FSD.

Original EDD 8/22
Next EDD 10/22
Next EDD 11/22 -1/23
Next EDD 12/22 - 2/23
Next EDD 10/19/22 - 12/8/22
Next EDD 7/25 - 8/8/22
Next EDD 10/25 - 12/6

Based on the federal EV tax credit news, we may get our Model Ys faster. The Senate has come to an agreement on a new tax credit that would go into effect after December 31, 2022. So.... there may be quite a few people that put their orders on hold to get the $7,500 at time of purchase, if the law is passed.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Based on the federal EV tax credit news, we may get our Model Ys faster. The Senate has come to an agreement on a new tax credit that would go into effect after December 31, 2022. So.... there may be quite a few people that put their orders on hold to get the $7,500 at time of purchase, if the law is passed.
I doubt it will do little to improve our current wait time, in theory with the current backlog most MYLR orders with an OD after MARCH this year will most likely get delivered beyond 2022 anyway with no need to put order on hold.

Besides for us the January holders the production for our vehicles is already on the horizon, current day deliveries are mostly for late November and December 21 holders, we are basically on the next batch, expect delivery peaks for January holders on September! Don't count on Tesla for leniency anymore to put your order on hold for 3+ months, those days are long gone....

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Could be true. My edd pulled back to a two week window. From sep 15 to August 7. But the possible federal Ev credit kicking in from next year, wish I can wait for few more months to get the credit. Is there a option to put the reservation on hold??