Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait is over, the producttion in Austin is speeding things up... Just got the VIN for our soon to be MYLR and is from Austin NA005... EDD Jul 21 - Jul 25. Lets hope that everything goes smoothly!
What was you EDD prior to getting the VIN? I'm sitting with an EDD of Aug 26 - Sep 30, and hoping that Austin is producing faster than expected to bump up this EDD.

Estimated delivery date is tightening! From about a month window to a week - July 26-August 9. When should I expect a VIN, since the window starts next week?
I looked at the Teslike tracker and average time overall for VIN to delivery is 12 days. FL has an average of 21 days which is one of the highest so there could be some errors with the data. I think about two weeks from delivery is normal.

Thanks for all these resources! I looked into them, and discussed with numerous Tesla representatives. Apparently, other car dealers can register Texas-purchased vehicles in Louisiana. But Tesla isn't a licensed dealer in Texas, so they can't register it in Louisiana. They took my VIN away, so kudos to the lucky customer that got the vehicle unexpectedly. They said they put my order in line for an order from the Fremont factory. My EDD is still July 7- July 13, but I assume that is since the system is still updating. My EDD a week ago was Nov 22' - Jan 23', so having a July delivery possibility is still nice.

Does anyone know where Louisiana customers pick up their vehicles?
Yeah its dumb, I’ll be in staying in Texas temporarily (when my estimated window is and for a little longer) but I want to register my car in Arkansas because thats where I will be later but I am not able to get delivery here in TX because of that. So I have to pick up in Memphis, TN.

VIN assigned! Uploaded current insurance policy info, but can I wait to add the Tesla to the policy until just before I take delivery? I certainly don't want to pay insurance on a car I don't have in my possession yet. EDD also adjusted slightly to 8/6-8/12.

VIN assigned! Uploaded current insurance policy info, but can I wait to add the Tesla to the policy until just before I take delivery? I certainly don't want to pay insurance on a car I don't have in my possession yet. EDD also adjusted slightly to 8/6-8/12.
Talk to your insurance company. I use USAA and I can set the begin date in the future and then call and change to a sooner date if necessary.

Any more EDDs getting bumped up? Mine has been sitting at Aug 26 - Sep 30 for quite some time. I hoping that many EDDs are getting bumped up as Giga Texas ramps up. I want to hear more good news stories to give me hope!
Early July mine was bumped up from Aug 12-Sep23 to July 18-July29...18th came and it was bumped back to July 24-Aug7...I did get a call asking if I had a trade-in last week. Nothing since then and I keep checking the website for a VIN...nothing so far.

Reactions: Gary.F

Attachments

• 1658502049727.png
    1658502049727.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Gary.F and KWC_Diu
Thanks, Hickster for starting this thread; it helps to know others experience the same anxiety from Tesla EDD craziness!
OD 1/31/22
MYLR Blue/Blk, Geminis, no options.
EDD: August, then, six moves all over the 2022 calendar. Now, October 23-Dec 4 & hoping for another move-up.
Springville, Utah.

Reactions: Gary.F
Thanks, Hickster for starting this thread; it helps to know others experience the same anxiety from Tesla EDD craziness!
OD 1/31/22
MYLR Blue/Blk, Geminis, no options.
EDD: August, then, six moves all over the 2022 calendar. Now, October 23-Dec 4 & hoping for another move-up.
Springville, Utah.
We have the exact same OD, I am currently sitting at Oct 9 ~ Nov 20, I have a MYLR5, White/Blk, 20" + EAP added last month.

From my observations on previous trends, we will most likely get to pick up our cars towards the end of quarter push (a Tesla tradition) in September. So keep your hopes high to see a bump in the coming weeks!