Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How far is tesla letting us delay orders? Trying to get the 7500 credit for 2023.

OD 6/20 SoCal
MYP white/white/no tow/no FSD
EDD: 9/14-10/19
Take delivery. Order a new one for delivery after the new year at that time . Sell your old one for a profit. Crazy used car prices. I took delivery in May and mine now is worth 10k more than I paid. Even after taxes

Take delivery. Order a new one for delivery after the new year at that time . Sell your old one for a profit. Crazy used car prices. I took delivery in May and mine now is worth 10k more than I paid. Even after taxes
Any concern that the newly available tax incentives will cause a spike in demand for new Model Y's (and subsequently longer lead times) and a drop in demand/price for used Model Y's (incentives worth the wait for many buyers who otherwise would have bought used)?

My EDD is next month, and I've had this debate with myself as well...considered canceling my order and placing a new order in a few months. Ultimately, where I've arrived is it's just not worth my time and energy to play that game. I placed my order with no tax incentive expectations, so I'm not in any worse shape if I don't get the $7500 back than I initially planned for.

I didn't see anyone make a thread for June 2022 orders. So here we go! :p

I placed my order on 06/14/2022 for my MYLR in MSM on 20’’ Induction Wheels, 5 seater, No tow or FSD. I currently an est. delivery date of Jan-Apr 2023.

I've seen people have their delivery date moved sooner than the original so I'm hoping mine will get pulled to November-ish so I can have it before the snow starts to fall. :) (One of the main reasons I decided to get a new vehicle.)

SUPER excited to join the Fam!
I ordered our MYLR on June 12th - 2022. White / White / Tow / FSD - I've had my estimated delivery time change multiple times. Went from Jan to April 2023, Dec 12 through Feb 6th 2023 or Jan - Feb 2023. Currently for between Jan 20 - Mar 17th, 2023 as of a week ago.

Any concern that the newly available tax incentives will cause a spike in demand for new Model Y's (and subsequently longer lead times) and a drop in demand/price for used Model Y's (incentives worth the wait for many buyers who otherwise would have bought used)?

My EDD is next month, and I've had this debate with myself as well...considered canceling my order and placing a new order in a few months. Ultimately, where I've arrived is it's just not worth my time and energy to play that game. I placed my order with no tax incentive expectations, so I'm not in any worse shape if I don't get the $7500 back than I initially planned for.
Bob2C is giving bad advice, you won’t be able to sell for a profit in the new year. We’re headed toward a return of the regular vehicle economy where you lose a big chunk of value as soon as you drive off the lot.

Bob2C is giving bad advice, you won’t be able to sell for a profit in the new year. We’re headed toward a return of the regular vehicle economy where you lose a big chunk of value as soon as you drive off the lot.
Wow. Nowhere near returning to normal car prices. I just got an offer for trade for my model Y LR blue with 3k miles. 73.5k. It’s 3500 more than car max quoted me when I got it May. The other big issue looming is if China attacks Taiwan. You think we have a chip shortage now, just wait. Why do you think the fed gov passed this chip act to produce chips here? If anyone watches other news outlets they will see China is surrounding Taiwan with military.

How far is tesla letting us delay orders? Trying to get the 7500 credit for 2023.

OD 6/20 SoCal
MYP white/white/no tow/no FSD
EDD: 9/14-10/19
A month at best. If you want to delay, switch your order to MYLR. Then in January switch it back to MYP and you should get a VIN quickly as you'll be way past the normal delivery window for a 6/20 MYP order. The only risk of this is if Tesla changes how the system works (ie takes away price honoring or stops allowing switching or doesn't recognize the original OD for LR to P switches). As the system stands now this would work to delay to January but you never know with Tesla.

Reactions: DP1096 and Bob2C
A month at best. If you want to delay, switch your order to MYLR. Then in January switch it back to MYP and you should get a VIN quickly as you'll be way past the normal delivery window for a 6/20 MYP order. The only risk of this is if Tesla changes how the system works (ie takes away price honoring or stops allowing switching or doesn't recognize the original OD for LR to P switches). As the system stands now this would work to delay to January but you never know with Tesla.
I have a feeling they will raise prices and eat up much of the tax rebate

Reactions: DP1096
Add in the risk of another price increase between now and January, and it becomes a gamble.

Add in the risk of another price increase between now and January, and it becomes a gamble.
Not with how the system works right now. Currently if you switch orders around you will always get pricing from your original OD. So if one switched a 6/20 order to MYLR they'd get 6/20 MYLR pricing and in January they would get 6/20 MYP pricing back again. Now Tesla could change this so there is always a risk.

Between the gamble of this plus the rising interest rates, I really don’t think the gamble is worth it.
As a publicly traded company you can be sure Tesla fully understands the risk this poses to their Q3/Q4 financials and has a plan ready to go should the tax bill pass. Who knows what Tesla will do, but I'd be shocked if they don't somehow disincentivize those trying to delay delivery of current orders into next year.

Reactions: Bob2C
Updated EDD today. Really trying to not get excited until I have my VIN, it's so hard...

Ordered 6/24 (Philly)
MYP blue/white/no tow/no FSD
EDD1 Aug - Oct
EDD2 Oct 22 - Dec 17
EDD3 Aug 28 - Oct 2
EDD4 Sept 3 - Oct 1
EDD4 Aug 19 - Aug 31

As a publicly traded company you can be sure Tesla fully understands the risk this poses to their Q3/Q4 financials and has a plan ready to go should the tax bill pass. Who knows what Tesla will do, but I'd be shocked if they don't somehow disincentivize those trying to delay delivery of current orders into next year.
Does it really pose that much of a risk when they’re back ordered until mid-2023 on some configs? You delay delivery, they will unmatched you from your VIN someone else will buy your car in your place in Q3/Q4 AND they still get you committed to buy in Q1. In the end they still are getting paid both by someone else in Q3/Q4 and by you in Q1. Keep in mind, not everyone who is in queue for a Tesla will meet the income requirements to qualify for the tax rebate, and even some that do don’t care and just want their car now. Unless Tesla gets way ahead in terms of production and just has tons of inventory with no buyers come Nov/Dec I can’t see why it’d matter to them really.

Wow. Nowhere near returning to normal car prices. I just got an offer for trade for my model Y LR blue with 3k miles. 73.5k. It’s 3500 more than car max quoted me when I got it May. The other big issue looming is if China attacks Taiwan. You think we have a chip shortage now, just wait. Why do you think the fed gov passed this chip act to produce chips here? If anyone watches other news outlets they will see China is surrounding Taiwan with military.
If China goes after Taiwan, I think this would be one of the last things we're worrying about

But used car prices are tracked and past performance is not indicative of future results. Teslas are doing better than most brands but I wouldn't bet on this continuing higher in the current environment, used car prices are now headed down pretty much across the board

1659804167514.png

Source: Used Car Price Trends - CarGurus

Much of the recent pricing power here was a result of demand way beyond what was available. Central banks around the world are aggressively raising rates to cool demand, and Tesla in particular is ramping up two brand new factories and trying to pump out as many cars as possible.

Delivery times seem to be coming in, and inventories should finally start to build. All of that will put downward pressure on prices, and companies will soon flip back to dropping prices, selling below MSRP, etc just to start moving their product and keep revenue flowing.

If prices don't come down, central banks will raise rates further until balance is achieved -- this is exactly how they're trying to combat inflation

Last edited:
Reactions: cindy
Does it really pose that much of a risk when they’re back ordered until mid-2023 on some configs? You delay delivery, they will unmatched you from your VIN someone else will buy your car in your place in Q3/Q4 AND they still get you committed to buy in Q1. In the end they still are getting paid both by someone else in Q3/Q4 and by you in Q1. Keep in mind, not everyone who is in queue for a Tesla will meet the income requirements to qualify for the tax rebate, and even some that do don’t care and just want their car now. Unless Tesla gets way ahead in terms of production and just has tons of inventory with no buyers come Nov/Dec I can’t see why it’d matter to them really.
Fair enough

I’m in Northern Virginia with a OD of 06/12 and my EDD is 08/25 - 09/22. Wish I had your EDD lol
It's just another EDD at this point, so I'm not putting a ton of stock in it being accurate yet. I did get the "do you have a car to trade in" text from Tesla today, though.

I hope you get yours soon. I'm in Ashburn often for work, so you can take it for a test drive next trip if I end up getting mine before you.