Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting. Thought with them contacting me about trade last week that I would have a VIN by now. Alas.... 6 days before my 2nd 2 week window with no VIN. Did I mention its really hard to plan for anything with the uncertainty with these? Really jealous of all the people getting theirs in other areas of the country who ordered after me with similar builds.

Still waiting. Thought with them contacting me about trade last week that I would have a VIN by now. Alas.... 6 days before my 2nd 2 week window with no VIN. Did I mention its really hard to plan for anything with the uncertainty with these? Really jealous of all the people getting theirs in other areas of the country who ordered after me with similar builds.
Yep - I feel your pain. Saw a post yesterday of someone who placed an order for a M3P around the 25th of August. Changed their order to a MYP 2 days later. Changed the color the next day and immediately received a VIN with delivery this week - an east coast order too. My EDD is still a 2 week window for the second half of September. Starting to wonder if I'll get leaped over in the end of quarter rush (It's a lot quicker for Tesla to make cars in Fremont (all the MYPs) and deliver them to locations near by than it is to ship them to the middle and east part of the country). Meanwhile, the resale value on my current MYLR that I'm selling continues to plummet, so it's literally costing me a grand or two every month or so during this wait. When I placed my MYP order in early July, it was going to be almost an even dollar swap to go from our MYLR to a new MYP - now it's going to cost $5-10K. Kind of sucks.

Last edited:
Yep - I feel your pain. Saw a post yesterday of someone who placed an order for a M3P around the 25th of August. Changed their order to a MYP 2 days later. Changed the color the next day and immediately received a VIN with delivery this week. All of this in a neighboring state of mine. My EDD is still a 2 week window for the second half of September. Starting to wonder if I'll get leaped over in the end of quarter rush (It's a lot quicker for Tesla to make cars in Fremont (all the MYPs) and deliver them to locations near by than it is to ship them to the middle and east part of the country). Meanwhile, the resale value on my current MYLR that I'm selling continues to plummet, so it's literally costing me a grand or two every month or so during this wait. When I placed my MYP order in early July, it was going to be almost an even dollar swap to go from our MYLR to a new MYP - now it's going to cost $5-10K. Kind of sucks.
You placed your order in July. The average wait time for a MYP is 3 months

Of course, but it still sucks seeing orders getting fulfilled in 1 to 2 weeks. If my order was fulfilled in 1 to 2 weeks like some lucky folks, I would have had another $5-10K in my pocket. My frustration is more the circumstances (used MY values plummeting) than being pissed at Tesla.
Yeah seeing others get their cars within weeks is annoying. I've been waiting since 06/12 but thankfully my delivery date is this Friday. I also sold my 2021 Model Y in July anticipating a used market decline. It's annoying not having a car but I couldn't count on Tesla delivering my MYP that quick.

Yeah seeing others get their cars within weeks is annoying. I've been waiting since 06/12 but thankfully my delivery date is this Friday. I also sold my 2021 Model Y in July anticipating a used market decline. It's annoying not having a car but I couldn't count on Tesla delivering my MYP that quick.
A man can dream.... Ultimately its the lack of information that gets me. Way easier to just plan on a date later and deal with that than this cat and mouse game.

Wish I could have, but with two little kids, we can't go without having two cars. I knew prices would be dropping, but seeing the offers go from $68K down to $62K in about 8 weeks was way more than I thought would happen. It is what it is. We paid $51K for the MYLR in Jan 2021, so I shouldn't be too pissy about a ~$10K profit on it.

All that said, I am excited for the MYP - more about some of the fit, finish, and ride quality than anything else. Our current MYLR was one of the first 100K Y's built and definitely has a few extra quirks as a result. I've heard Tesla changed the suspension a bit on the 3 and Y sometime in the second half of last year. My M3P (on the 21" Uberturbines) delivered in 11/2021 rides a whole lot smoother than our MYLR with the 20" induction wheels, so I think there is some truth to that. Hopefully we all get our orders filled soon - congrats on your delivery - hope all goes smooth! Please report back on if you think your new MYP rides better than your previous MYLR. I'm curious!

Last edited:
Reactions: gtseamus
Wish I could have, but with two little kids, we can't go without having two cars. I knew prices would be dropping, but seeing the offers go from $68K down to $62K in about 8 weeks was way more than I thought would happen. It is what it is. We paid $51K for the MYLR in Jan 2021, so I shouldn't be too pissy about a ~$10K profit on it.

All that said, I am excited for the MYP - more about some of the fit, finish, and ride quality than anything else. Our current MYLR was one of the first 100K Y's built and definitely has a few extra quirks as a result. I've heard Tesla changed the suspension a bit on the 3 and Y sometime in the second half of last year. My M3P (on the 21" Uberturbines) delivered in 11/2021 rides a whole lot smoother than our MYLR with the 20" induction wheels, so I think there is some truth to that. Hopefully we all get our orders filled soon - congrats on your delivery - hope all goes smooth! Please report back on if you think your new MYP rides better than your previous MYLR. I'm curious!
Yeah you'll be receiving a lot of upgrades compared to your old Y. New Ryzen chip, new center console, metal scroll wheels on the steering wheel, better fit and finish just to name a few.

And my previous Y was a Standard Range model with 19" Gemini's. Tesla did indeed improve the suspension for the 2022 MYP's so we'll see.

Reactions: Glendale MY
Yea I hit day 1 of my 2 week window tomorrow Sept 7 with a OD of 6/22. No VIN, but got a trade in call last week.

I got an appt but then got kicked back to a largish Edd so not sure when we’ll have the vehicle.
And I love how Tesla says it’s time to make an appointment with one single slot — take it or leave it :-/
Competition can’t come fast enough as I hate paying for an expensive car and not have a good customer service.

Took delivery on Sunday. Trunk gap to the rear right fender is a little large for my liking. Not a big deal. However the trunk hinge at the top where it meets the roof was all messed up with the paint chipped and metal showing. Set up an appt for tesla to look at it and fix it. Otherwise, a great car and improvement from my M3LR.

OD 6/26 Northern California
MYP | MSM | White| No FSD | No Tow

EDD1: August - October
EDD2: 07/03 - 07/14 (Got a text/call from a SA on (06/29) about trade in and car being around the corner to be delivered *was very excited lol*)
EDD3: 09/11 - 10/23
EDD4: 09/13 - 10/18
EDD5: 09/16 - 10/14

I was surprised that an SA was texting me about the car being delivered soon after 3 days of ordering but that never actually came true lol. Had my hopes up for a bit. Just patiently waiting now.
Update:

Received my 2 week window on 9/2 and EDD6: 09/7 - 09/20. And just got my VIN and delivery date of next week on the 14th this morning (9/7). Hope all goes well from here.

Took delivery today. Went really smooth. Didn't see any noticeable issues. Only thing was thay it wasnt fully charged. They offered to chsrge it but i didnt feel like staying. No charger included or cargo cover. But I ordered a charger that had already been delivered.

Took delivery today. Went really smooth. Didn't see any noticeable issues. Only thing was thay it wasnt fully charged. They offered to chsrge it but i didnt feel like staying. No charger included or cargo cover. But I ordered a charger that had already been delivered.
Mine came with 50% charge. Don't fully charge it for daily use, the limit should be 90%

Reactions: theoscarguy