Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 on the air suspension problem with 2017.42. I was waiting for an update because of the parking brake issue but my reunite with my car lasted 15 mins until I got the air suspension error...

Interesting. Were you driving when it happened?

I just took my car out again and the error was cleared/gone. It came back in less than 2 minutes. Not sure if it cleared on its own or tech support cleared it when I called in and it re-triggered.

Annoying!

• Love
Reactions: Somm
Interesting. Were you driving when it happened?

I just took my car out again and the error was cleared/gone. It came back in less than 2 minutes. Not sure if it cleared on its own or tech support cleared it when I called in and it re-triggered.

Annoying!
All this makes me think more and more 17.42 has a sensor (alert) threshold issue... with the rollout speed last night, I bet Support is slammed.

Might be a good practice for Tesla to only push uodates Monday - Thursday given their success rate.
Some organizations don’t change anything on Fridays. :D

If I ever get a callback, I predict they will tell me they know 17.42 is a problem, wait for 17.43 (like we were told to wait for 41 for Homelink and 42 for the bricking issue, lol).

If they don’t, I’ll point them here. We have plenty examples of things that were fine on 17.38/40...

Nice side mirrors aren't as crippled.
Grrr.... The speed increase is nice and all, but how hard could it be for them to put the auto-unfold back the way it was, or even better, make it how some have suggested - only auto-unfold after you put your foot on the brake. My driver's side mirror is starting to squeal like a pig now when it unfolds. It's most likely cycled over a 100 times more than it should have, since getting 17.34. <SMH>

Anyone else having notification issues? Here we go again with app issues? Seems to be working fine otherwise....
I set my alarm off (on purpose), and I chose not to manually stop it. I expected my app to inform me, however it never notified me that the alarm event occurred. I'm on 17.36. And before even one person asks, yes... I have "Car Alarm" checked under [Security] in the apps Notification Settings.

• Love
Reactions: jimmyz80
I set my alarm off (on purpose), and I chose not to manually stop it. I expected my app to inform me, however it never notified me that the alarm event occurred. I'm on 17.36. And before even one person asks, yes... I have "Car Alarm" checked under [Security] in the apps Notification Settings.
Yeah, I have every notification enabled. And it told me for 17.38. 17.40.1 was installed in the SC and I got alerts on both it and I think a failed 17.38.something.

This AM I got nothing for 17.42. For availability or installation completion. Sigh...

Grrr.... The speed increase is nice and all, but how hard could it be for them to put the auto-unfold back the way it was, or even better, make it how some have suggested - only auto-unfold after you put your foot on the brake. My driver's side mirror is starting to squeal like a pig now when it unfolds. It's most likely cycled over a 100 times more than it should have, since getting 17.34. <SMH>
Forgot to respond to this: I just changed my mirrors to manual since I need them to unfold only when outside the garage. They do unfold over some speed, so technically I don’t even need to unfold them, just fold them when entering the garage. To me a much better solution until Tesla gives us (back) what we had or something better (like geolocation: never unfold here).

Reactions: JohnnyG
With this new update, my homelink isn't working 100% of the time. Tonight, I pressed it a couple of times and my garage didn't open. At first I thought we didn't have electricity. Luckily, I have a remote control for my smaller garage so I walked in and opened from the inside. Otherwise, I would have been stuck. Once I pulled inside, I was able to close with homelink.

With this new update, my homelink isn't working 100% of the time. Tonight, I pressed it a couple of times and my garage didn't open. At first I thought we didn't have electricity. Luckily, I have a remote control for my smaller garage so I walked in and opened from the inside. Otherwise, I would have been stuck. Once I pulled inside, I was able to close with homelink.
So are you saying it did something different or it did the usual ‘didn’t show the transmit WiFi-looking’ symbol when pressed?

Damn I haven't gotten an update for a long time. I guess my wifi is too weak in the garage? I even did the two button reset.
I recommend you install a WiFi range extender in your garage.
I picked up a WiFi extender at Costco for around $50 prior to taking delivery of my Model S in June and plugged it into an outlet on a wall in my garage, closest to the WiFi router in my house. I get a decent signal from it.
Here is a similar model on Amazon:
Linksys AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender / Wi-Fi Booster (RE6250) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZY2PJ39/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8M.6zbWYH5MFY

You got the BigD0g treatment? :) Hopefully an uncorking will also find you soon.
Do you think they just singled him out as an example? That's apparently their internal policy towards anybody who shows they really see what's inside of their cars (hint, it's full of magic smoke).

Unlike him, I live 190 miles away from my service center so I cannot just casually come by and bring doughnuts/ask for stuff.
Also nobody promised any 100D uncorking last I heard, we need to manufacture outrage at least on the same scale as the 75D thread did first!

Do you think they just singled him out as an example? That's apparently their internal policy towards anybody who shows they really see what's inside of their cars (hint, it's full of magic smoke).

Unlike him, I live 190 miles away from my service center so I cannot just casually come by and bring doughnuts/ask for stuff.
Also nobody promised any 100D uncorking last I heard, we need to manufacture outrage at least on the same scale as the 75D thread did first!
I'm curious if you have any insight or guesses as to why your 75 (not D) uncorking attempt failed. Is it likely there's required hardware upgrades?

I'm curious if you have any insight or guesses as to why your 75 (not D) uncorking attempt failed. Is it likely there's required hardware upgrades?
The max battery power increased as expected, but the drive inverter refused to intake more than before. It's unclear why at this point.
The battery is definitely the same as on the 75D so that's not it. The steps were otherwise the same, so possibly DI firmware on RWD models needed an extra kick somewhere? Would be interesting to review what changes were made in one of the 3 known uncorked RWDs.