Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@overlappedio, if you're going to upgrade the wheels, do it now! That way, they're only $4,500 vs. $6,000 (although you get an extra pair of wheels and tires), come with 0 miles on them (vs. 685), and can be financed (if that's important to you). I've had my fair share of stacked, stored wheels in my garage that I planned on selling and never got around to it due to the hassle and people not wanting to pay anything for them. If you need winter tires, that might be a different decision though.

The center console is now included, so you won't need that. I ordered the home charger (had a Nissan Leaf with a 220 wall outlet that I unplugged and plugged back in when traveling, swore I'd never do that again). The local SC only had the 8 foot cord versions in stock, so I ordered online and looks like it'll be here within a week. I too want the pedals. I need to ask them if they have them in stock and can install them on delivery. I'm also getting a Shelf Butler by Norm since I left the cover up on the overnight delivery multiply times and already see how that's going to get old quickly (plus, it's $20).

Good luck with your purchase. We'll have to see who gets theirs first :)

Looking for feedback on my order from the pro's here:

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E24HF220423 | Tesla

I plan to buy before the end of the year so I figure if there's a reason not to get this I can switch my order. The VIN appears to be very recent on this vehicle.

Hi Overlappedio! Did you go through with your order? I just clicked your link you have a look, but I got the message the car is no longer available.
Best, Mick

Any must have accessories? I plan to get the pedals, integrated center console if it's not already built-in and all weather floor mats. I also plan to ask about upgrading the wheels.

Please do not buy wheels from Tesla! You can go third party for much much cheaper. The rims are so over priced on the Tesla site.

People are always selling tires/rims here on this site.

And or If all you want to do is change the color, you can powder coat them after you take delivery.

@Bebop, risk vs. reward on the wheels/tires. The way I looked at it, yes, they're crazy expensive, but when I looked up aftermarket 21s with tires, the difference was around $1,500. For that $1,500, I get the look I wanted, car matching the outside of the car on the screens (gauges and dash), and most importantly, no issues with Tesla servicing my car. I've been down that road with a Porsche where they swore the issue was with the aftermarket wheels and tires, which I knew it wasn't, but it was just such a battle because of it. Also, I've read they won't do any service on them (i.e. rotate, etc.). Again, YMMV, but for me, it was worth it. Also, I live in Florida, so have no use for an extra set of wheels/tires.

@Bebop, risk vs. reward on the wheels/tires. The way I looked at it, yes, they're crazy expensive, but when I looked up aftermarket 21s with tires, the difference was around $1,500. For that $1,500, I get the look I wanted, car matching the outside of the car on the screens (gauges and dash), and most importantly, no issues with Tesla servicing my car. I've been down that road with a Porsche where they swore the issue was with the aftermarket wheels and tires, which I knew it wasn't, but it was just such a battle because of it. Also, I've read they won't do any service on them (i.e. rotate, etc.). Again, YMMV, but for me, it was worth it. Also, I live in Florida, so have no use for an extra set of wheels/tires.

You can get a set of Genuine 21'" Turbines here from someone for no more than $2K at the most. Save yourself thousands of dollars buying direct from Tesla.

Hi Overlappedio! Did you go through with your order? I just clicked your link you have a look, but I got the message the car is no longer available.
Best, Mick

Yeah here's an imgur link:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

if your planning to remove your front license plate, there is a guy on the forum that sells a little socket to fit the 2 screws that bolt to the bumper for easier removal ....

Tesla License Plate Socket Adapter by SlippinJimmie on Shapeways

Front License Plate Socket Wrench Available - For those security screws on the Refresh Model S

I'd love to be able to do this but unfortunately WA state doesn't allow it.

You can get a set of Genuine 21'" Turbines here from someone for no more than $2K at the most. Save yourself thousands of dollars buying direct from Tesla.

I think I will go this route. Since winter is coming! I plan to leave the 19" wheels on and potentially purchase the larger wheels for he summer driving.

I appreciate all the info. I was hoping to pick up the car tomorrow but it looks like it'll be Saturday.

Well I just went to see the car and after seeing the Blue with white interior I was sold. I switched my order to a new S100D custom build. I was told that they're only guaranteeing delivery of the 100's before the end of the year.

So for those who are interested I suspect that the link above will come back online soon. The car is in Seattle in the SoDo area.

Well I just went to see the car and after seeing the Blue with white interior I was sold. I switched my order to a new S100D custom build. I was told that they're only guaranteeing delivery of the 100's before the end of the year.

So for those who are interested I suspect that the link above will come back online soon. The car is in Seattle in the SoDo area.

Waiting on my 75D, Blue w/ White Interior also. Best color combo in my opinion...

Waiting on my 75D, Blue w/ White Interior also. Best color combo in my opinion...

Awesome, congrats! I agree with the color combo I had to see them all in person first. I liked the red a lot more than I expected as well.

For those interested the car is back up for sale:
Inventory | Tesla

The OA told me this car was built Oct 5th and was originally destined for Florida. The car has the new drive motor, seats, etc.. The car is in the Seattle SoDo area. I also have a referral code now if you're interested in this car.

Cheers!