Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up my model X with AP 2.0 hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
keytalker - great info and pics, thanks.

Could we get photos of:

1) Second/third row footwell and seating areas. Since you have VIN 23xxx, it is above 22381, which is when the all-weather floor mats for the rear became incompatible due to an unknown change in the production. It would be interesting to see what has changed. (Spacing of the seats? Area of movement? Third-row footwell changes due to some common change while five-seater was designed?)

2) Picture of the rear-view camera image on the big screen. The optics on the camera have improved, they say, so it would be interesting to see has anything visible changed in the rear-view image that we can see...

3) The non-autopilot instrument cluster screen - what does it look like when in D mode? (I'm guessing they have not reverted to the Classic speed circle or have they?)

Thank you.

Thanks everyone. And since I was busy maneuvering the new X to test out superchargers, it is until now I'm able to sit down and post some pictures. I'm pretty I missed a few requests. I'll check again and post more pics.

These are floor mats behind second row. I do notice the console will warn if the second row is not fully attached/moved back to a particular position, not sure whether it's the change causing the old all weather mat becomes incompatible.

Attachments

• IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2526.jpg
    IMG_2526.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 189
In addition to the complete missing of AP, one flaw I found in the software is I didn't see any "auto" option for headlight, the ones available is ON/OFF/Parking, I'm surprised to realize I have to turn on headlight after sunset.

Much thanks for the images, keytalker. On the instrument cluster it seems to follow the Autopilot paradigm, just keeping it empty. (Not using the Classic speed dial, which would have been a funny temporary throwback.)

On the rear seat, does this VIN 23xxx+ car look different to the old pre-22xxx cars? It looks to me like maybe they've made the "hole" on the floor a little smaller as well as smore flush with the floor? Compare to the old style: http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/si...a-Model-X-interior-looking-into-rear-seat.jpg

Could we get a picture sideways from an open falcon wing that shows the floor as well, we could compare to that Motortrend image? Thanks!

img_2519-jpg.203585

img_2520-jpg.203586

Last edited:
It's loaded to V8.0, not 8.1 yet, :)

I think the poster was looking for the detail version of 8.0 you've got - the number in parenthesis after the 8.0. I think much of the X fleet is on 2.44.121 like I am; I've read some discussion of a 2.46.16 version on the FW 8.0 thread, with speculation that it was to enable AP2 cars.

Elon had implied that we were all going to be on 8.01 right about now (though it's not obvious what that is; supposedly some UI improvements,) with 8.1 coming next month which has several expected features for the larger fleet (real time supercharger status, cabin temperature limits while not driving, AP choosing which side to hold based on Navigation,) and I believe is supposed to start enabling features on the AP2 cars.

I think the poster was looking for the detail version of 8.0 you've got - the number in parenthesis after the 8.0. I think much of the X fleet is on 2.44.121 like I am; I've read some discussion of a 2.46.16 version on the FW 8.0 thread, with speculation that it was to enable AP2 cars.

Correct, that is what I was looking for. Someone with an S said they have 24.16.40, which enabled classic Cruise Control. So I was curious what version an X would have.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS