Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Placed Order for X - 2 Questions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.74% financing :cool:

No where you can put $80,000 that grows more than that?

No way to write off the car expense?

I'm in real estate so cash is king, but I get people pay cash... But I thought the great financing options was some of the reason people went new vs slightly used.
We are too and have our own company. Gotta love the write-offs! The only thing better than a tax write off is keeping your money...

Reactions: Ormond
We will upgrade to a 75 next year but in town driving is much more efficient than highway so your comments surprise me... Do you own am electric vehicle? I have for 2 years. Just wondering. Thanks for feedback

yes I have owned a Tesla S85 since 2013. (in my signature)
before superchargers, we spent a lot of time mapping our long trips out so I'm keenly aware of range limitations with our MS.

I think @balefire meant not so much driving in slow stop and go local traffic, but more like taking several short trips. I also noticed that my average wh/m is higher in those conditions vs. longer trips. Likely having to do with running the power hungry climate control while not covering as much distance.

the above quote is what I meant.
every errand that requires a start / stop / exit car / return to car causes an increase in battery drain.
every time the car has to "wake up" there is battery drain.
and if you have never used "pre cool" in the summer or "pre warm" in the winter, you will.
it is awesome, but is another huge drain on the battery and range.

buy the biggest battery you can afford.

yes I have owned a Tesla S85 since 2013. (in my signature)
before superchargers, we spent a lot of time mapping our long trips out so I'm keenly aware of range limitations with our MS.

the above quote is what I meant.
every errand that requires a start / stop / exit car / return to car causes an increase in battery drain.
every time the car has to "wake up" there is battery drain.
and if you have never used "pre cool" in the summer or "pre warm" in the winter, you will.
it is awesome, but is another huge drain on the battery and range.

buy the biggest battery you can afford.
Thank you for your kind response and I was on my mobile and didn't notice your signature :-/

If we do end up getting the MX to replace our Odyssey, we will get the 60. We installed a HPWC when our MS arrived and for 26k miles the range has been fine. We just plug the car into the HPWC whenever the car comes home. You should be fine with the MX60 around town. The MX we had as a loaner for 6 days consistently used between 20-30% more energy than our MS. Again, no trouble with the HPWC at home but worth considering.

If we do end up getting the MX to replace our Odyssey, we will get the 60. We installed a HPWC when our MS arrived and for 26k miles the range has been fine. We just plug the car into the HPWC whenever the car comes home. You should be fine with the MX60 around town. The MX we had as a loaner for 6 days consistently used between 20-30% more energy than our MS. Again, no trouble with the HPWC at home but worth considering.

What's the amperage on your HPWC, just curious?

Stop and go around town takes a toll on range. Every start there is a peak in drain. Also, you will usually only charge to 90 percent which for a 60d is only 180. Then there is usually a drop in range over the 1st year that plateau. Figure 5 miles at least so that is 175. And my wife who also never drives "fast" does not drive efficiently.

My wife around town would only get 125 miles in a X60.

You might want to consider a 75 if she really drives 150 in a day

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. The X60 and S60 are different from other Teslas in that you DO get to charge to 100% of the software limited battery. So you'll get a full 200 miles, which doesn't hurt the battery because you are only using 80% of the 75kwh.

We set our HPWC up for 50 amps. I actually ran a new dryer outlet to where we wanted the HPWC and wired a dryer plug into the HPWC. If the HPWC ever fails, we can unplug it and use the tesla wall charger to charge the car. I'll post a photo later.

Agree that the new 60Ds are a great deal as you can charge to 100% all the time.

HPWC with backup outlet
IMG_20160911_085916085.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. The X60 and S60 are different from other Teslas in that you DO get to charge to 100% of the software limited battery. So you'll get a full 200 miles, which doesn't hurt the battery because you are only using 80% of the 75kwh.

I forgot that the 60 is actually a software limited 75 kwh battery.
Agree that you can probably charge to 100% with less worry.

I wonder what happens if you don't upgrade it after 2 or 3 years?
I know my current S85 battery benefits from the occasional "range" 100% charge to re-align the cells.

with a 60 kwh, you wouldn't be able to do that. I can imagine if you upgraded years later that there would be a discrepancy of the health of the cells...