Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put deposit for 1st CPO P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh - one other thing - I had thought that I was getting the power folding mirrors. Turns out that they are only "power" in the sense that they tilt down when I go in reverse. They don't fold in when parked. Not too disappointed. Also has black break calipers while I was expecting red - I thought all P85+ models had red. But wow - what a drive! :)

How is acceleration? I'm coming from a 2011 CTSV, spirited driving but not racing, etc.

I've never driven a P85, just a 60 and P90D with ludi mode

Hi Guys,
Been reading the forums for a few weeks getting to know more about the MS.
Finally took the plunge on Tues and put a deposit down on a 2013 P85+!

Here's the specs on it.
50k miles
Smart Air Suspsension
21" Grey Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Grey Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Parking Sensors
Tan Performance Leather Seats
Obeche Wood Matte Decor Accents
Tech Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
Parcel Shelf
Supercharger Enabled
Black Brack Calipers
Twin Chargers
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

I'm very excited to get it but they said it's about a 3 week wait! :(
I debated a long time about getting this car or spending a bit more and getting a 70 with AP but I think the novelty would wear off and would enjoy a fully loaded P better.

The car is located in Fremont and I'm OC, CA and it was a $750 transport charge so I think I'll just fly up and drive it down. It'd be a fun drive down. The only thing I'm worried about is collecting all the bugs on that 6hr trip down!
I looked around and didn't see a leather car bra for this car. My other thought was to use painters blue tape to cover up the front. lol. It'll look funny but plenty of people do it for long trips with other cars. :)
If anybody has options or opinions on this, let me know.

I already have a list of accessories and mods I want to do. lol

I have a JuiceBox 40a charger already for our Fiat so I'm debating about using just that for charging both cars or getting one dedicated just for the Tesla. I'm aslo debating about getting the HPWC as well. My commute is only 50 miles RT every day so the 40a charger would be fine to top off at night but sometimes I travel far for work.

Very excited and can't wait to get it!

What was the VIN on that? It seems like a killer deal!

What are the odds. I used to have an '11 CTS-V Wagon!

Yeah, tires won't be cheap with the staggered setup and limits the choices quite a bit.
I've already looked and decided that 275/30/21 will be the new rear which can be had by hankook for about 1/2 the price of the oe sizs f/r VS f/r.

How is acceleration compared to the V2?

I haven't driven in about 2wks so I'm hoping I won't be saddened by the difference in acceleration/tq.

For my daily commute of 10 miles I really saw no need to spend an additional 10-15k for something I'd use once or twice a year on long trips. So I settled for a highly optioned 2013...
Dual chargers
Pano
Performance plus pckg
Sound studio
Tech pckg
Air suspension

All for 61k, better than a bare bones MS60 imho

That's exactly what I'm struggling with! I do not have a daily driving pattern that justifies AP but don't want to regret
For my daily commute of 10 miles I really saw no need to spend an additional 10-15k for something I'd use once or twice a year on long trips. So I settled for a highly optioned 2013...
Dual chargers
Pano
Performance plus pckg
Sound studio
Tech pckg
Air suspension

All for 61k, better than a bare bones MS60 imho

Although I am EXACTLY in the same situation, my conviction (or self-control) is not as strong as yours! :)

I also do not have a driving pattern that would really benefit from autopilot. It would be nice to have for some of the longer trips that I take but those aren't that often. Maybe once a year. I only put about 4000 miles a year on my car. I'd rather have a nicely optioned CPO 2013 Tesla now, and then get a much nicer model 3 down the road. Plus I can't justify spending more then 60k on a car. Mid-50's for mine was already 3 times more then I've ever paid for a car.

If I could get some of the same options (like the + model and the dang parking sensors) that others are getting, I likely would have lept at high 50s. Since the cars I've been presented with are falling just a tad short, that has left the door open to me considering later AP cars. I may still end up with an earlier P85...tbd.