Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep your farts, Elon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I view it as an excellent way to train new programmers on the car systems. Do you really want a new programmer working on autosteering right out of college? Or would you prefer they learn the car systems and work their way up? I see the whole Easter egg program as a brilliant way to capture new talent and have them learn the car systems in a way that if they mess up, the car will not self destruct.

I do not know if Tesla is doing this or not, but it seems like something logical to do.

Right, cause all of juniors’ fiddling must necessarily end up in a production system.

Not to mention it gets people talking about Tesla and makes kids fall in love with Tesla. When they grow up, what kind of car do you think they’ll want to buy? My 7 and 4 year olds are already discussing what my next Tesla and their first Teslas will be.

• Love
Reactions: Tezlah
I work for a startup too and this is the kind of culture that is the best part of working for one. These treasures get lost as companies get more serious. I love that tech in SF and LA try to keep this going as long as possible. These funny side projects keep sanity and improve morale. I think this is as much for the customers as it is for the company employees.

On a $ basis I would actually provide a heavy argument that it is a net positive for the company to work on these projects. Employee retention, advertisement, morale, customer product engagement, customer experience (yeah....with farts), I could go on.

Don't stop Tesla!