Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited by a moderator:

Tesla Motors Autopilot: Infinite Brake Hold Feature How to Activate
========================================
Please watch as I show how to activate the Autopilot enabled car infinite brake hold feature. Doing this, will allow you to remove your foot from the brake while at a stop, no matter if on a hill, or level surface, creep mode on or not, and the car will continue to apply the brake until you hit the accelerator, or place the car in neutral.

https://www.facebook.com/KmanAuto
https://www.YouTube.com/KmanAuto
Secured Home of superchargertravel.com
Kmans Approved Products - Electronics Kman's Approved Product Store
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Autopilot/Summon: Will It Detect a Child? Or turn them into pulp?
=================================================
After some fuss in the news about claims a Model S Auto Pilot did not see a child, I decided to do some simple tests to see just what will stop a autopilot or summoned Model S vehicle. Tests should reflect the same for the Model X as well, as it uses the same hardware.
Findings were pretty straight forward. First test using Vinny's Lucky (Don't Ask...) Stuffed Duck did not trigger the car to stop. I attribute this to lack of mass of the duck. With so much stuffing, the duck did not have enough "Mass" to reflect back any sonar or ultrasonic from the car.
Test 2, the 5gallon bucket. This in fact did stop the car using the parking sensors. It did not trigger the autopilot sensor.
Third, ME!!! I, somewhat nervously, used myself as a test subject as well. With me, the car saw me in every instance.
Fourth, THE GENO! I had him stand slightly to the side of the car for safety. I also stood within arms reach. I did not risk testing the autopilot sensor as that would require him being directly in front of the moving vehicle, and he would not survive getting run over (Heck, raccoon didn't even survive last summer!). The car did in fact see Geno.

[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Model S: Activate Autopilot from a Complete Stop
==================================
It is in fact possible to activate Autopilot while at a complete stop...As long as you are directly behind another vehicle, that the autopilot system can lock on to.
Simple, approach the other vehicle, come to complete stop. deep press the brake to engage infinite hill hold. Once infinite hold is active, remove foot from brake. The autopilot available steering wheel icon will be available.
At this point, you can double tap the cruise control stick to activate autopilot. Since autopilot can control from a complete stop, when the lead vehicle begins to move, your model s will follow locked on.
This will only work if a stopped vehicle is ahead of you.

[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Autopilot/Summon: Will It Detect a Child? Or turn them into pulp?
=================================================
After some fuss in the news about claims a Model S Auto Pilot did not see a child, I decided to do some simple tests to see just what will stop a autopilot or summoned Model S vehicle. Tests should reflect the same for the Model X as well, as it uses the same hardware.
Findings were pretty straight forward. First test using Vinny's Lucky (Don't Ask...) Stuffed Duck did not trigger the car to stop. I attribute this to lack of mass of the duck. With so much stuffing, the duck did not have enough "Mass" to reflect back any sonar or ultrasonic from the car.
Test 2, the 5gallon bucket. This in fact did stop the car using the parking sensors. It did not trigger the autopilot sensor.
Third, ME!!! I, somewhat nervously, used myself as a test subject as well. With me, the car saw me in every instance.
Fourth, THE GENO! I had him stand slightly to the side of the car for safety. I also stood within arms reach. I did not risk testing the autopilot sensor as that would require him being directly in front of the moving vehicle, and he would not survive getting run over (Heck, raccoon didn't even survive last summer!). The car did in fact see Geno.

This video got features on Carscoops today:
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/tesla-model-s-owner-tests-if-autopilot.html

Tesla Model S 90D: Rated Range 1000 Miles 3 Weeks Owhership
===================================================
Rated range of my 90D after 1,000 miles and 3 weeks of ownership. Results are that it charged to 293 Rated Miles. 1 mile less then on pickup day. Reasoning I believe is due to the colder temperatures today and last night. It was below freezing last night. Also, previous test was on a supercharger, which also heated up the battery more so. Please note, on the charge selector bar, that it even shows a tiny bit that is not charged. This is usually due to temperature.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
Kman's Approved Products - Electronics Kman's Approved Product Store
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Motors: Autopilot in Rain Storm
======================================
Testing Tesla Motors Model S and Autopilot during a bad rain storm. It was a off and on rain. Occasional Fog. But it preformed very very well. It did do better when it had another vehicle directly in front of it to log on to, as with the very wet roads, it would occasionally loose a line, making it seek back and fourth.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Model S: 90kW Supercharge from 10% to 80% and Time
=============================================
With a new battery size, comes new tests! To add to my previous 60kWh and 80kWh Battery Tests, I now offer for you, the 90kWh battery pack supercharge time! Coming Soon is the 90kWh Pack on CHAdeMO and HPWC Dual Charger.

Tesla Motors: Autopilot Drive Part 1 - Long Drive Using Autopilot
--=====================================
Sorry for bad POV in part 1, part 2 is centered in back seat. I didn't want to get off freeway (Would loose too much time to do so in this area) to setup tripod and what not. So I grabbed a suction mount and stuck cam to the window. This Drive was SUPPOSED to be a LIVE broadcast to the channel, however, the cell network was a bit too overloaded for a stable stream.
So majority of this drive was using autopilot. Part one is from Milwaukee to the Madison, WI Supercharger. Part 2, the BETTER part, is from the Madison, WI Supercharger to the Wisconsin Dells's Sandrift Resort.

Telsa Motors Model S: Autopilot 4 way stop Queue
========================================
In this installment, I show a nice way to use autopilot at a 4 way stop. While autopilot on the Tesla Model S does not stop at stop lights or stop signs, it can be useful, for those long 4 way stop queues during rush hour. The stop and go. Especially when you need to wait for 30 other cars to traverse the 4 way stop before it is your turn. Just remember to take control of the vehicle before the car in front of you has it's turn. Since Autopilot on the Tesla Model S, Model X or Model 3 at this time does not stop at stop lights or signs, it will automatically resume up to it's speed once the vehicle in front of you has its turn!

KmanAuto
KmanAuto

Telsla Motors: Wooded Road Autopilot Test Low Speed
===================================
Testing Autopilot on a Sunny Wooded Windy Road. Performed mediocre. Most of the problems came about when going up a hill, because as the hill crested, the Autopilot, now aiming upwards, lost sight of the road lines, causing either autopilot and the tesla model s to drift from the lane, or me needing to take over the tesla model s all together due to complete lack of control. This problem was slightly mitigated on the autopilot system by setting the speed at the lowest possible, 18Mph.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto

Tesla Motors Autopilot: Day-to-Day Around Town Use
====================================
Just showing some use day to day use of the autopilot system in around town and city driving. I would not normally use autopilot in this many situations, though wanted to show it's capabilities. Surprisingly, the Autopilot system is very capable and can handle quite a bit more then they lead us to believe. Of course, it's all just software, so more features and functionality can be unlocked down the road.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto

Tesla Model S 90D: Rated Range 2000 Miles 6 Weeks Owhership
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current Rated Range of my 2016 90D Tesla Model S with the 90kWh battery pack after 2000 miles and 6 weeks of ownership.
While it may appear I have lost 4 miles of range, in reality, I did not. My battery pack is out of balance. This can be seen on the charge bar. Notice the portion that is not charged to (As in, it stopped slightly short of full). This is due to my pack being out of balance. If I charge it to 100% a few more times in a row, and the pack balances out, the range will pop right back up. So far, I have not 100% charged this vehicle very often. It's much longer range then my old Tesla Model S has allowed me to charge to a lower % for daily use. This vehicle has ~80 miles MORE Rated Range then my Original Car did.

Tesla Model S: Auto Park Parallel Park How To/First Time Use
=======================================
In this edition, I get Auto-Pilot Parallel Parking on the Tesla Model S to work for the first time. So, what do I do? I do it again! This time for your viewing pleasure and to teach owners of Autopilot Enabled Tesla Model S, Model X and upcoming Model 3 cars how to use the Automatic Parallel Parking Feature. This worked spectacular! Now that I have seen it in person, it is so simple. but trying to get it to work from just directions left me hesitant. So here we go! Questions? Post below! I will now need to figure out the perpendicular parking for parking lots! That should be interesting!!!

KmanAuto
KmanAuto